What's new

Horsehair May be the New Favorite

After having the opportunity to use a horsehair brush for a while now (thanks mostly to a very generous gesture by one of the Forum members) I decided today to expand the Horsehair brush inventory via acquisition of a Vie-Long 13061 Zurito. If nothing else I really like the looks of the handle. Horsehair has proven to be my favorite brush medium right now but good boars (like my Omega and Semogue) are not far behind.

Last edited:
I love my natural one (all brown 35/65 mane/tail). I just acquired one of the 50/50 dyed ones and the hair went all wonky on me. On my iPad at the moment so can't post a picture, but I will show you in a minute. To top it off I face lather a lot and I like the ratio on the natural brown one better.

Anyways I do agree that horse hair is great and Vie-Long makes a great product. I still have been deciding on what to get from Gifts & Care, every time a new post comes up it makes me reconsider why brush or hair I want. Top it off with them having a lot of really really awesome handles and it makes for a hard choice :) . Glad to see others enjoying them as well.

I just received my horsehair brush from Bestshave.net yesterday and am loving it so far! I wouldn't say that the actual brush quality is as good as my Omega boar, but it lathers like a champ!

Excellent choice! The 13061 is just right IMHO. Good density, soft tips, enough back bone to work both soaps and creams. And, yes, the handle is very comfortable and looks nice, too.

Last edited:
I also have the 13061 and agree with the above comments. The handle looks really cool. I am always amazed by how quickly this brush builds lather of the highest quality. I have one issue though, my brush is a little to scratchy for my taste. If the tips soften up, it could possibly be my best brush.

I love Vielong too. I have four one: Black badger, grey badger, silvertip and horse.. And the horse one is not a good brush. the hair is rought and without wiper effect when is wet.

Don´t loose your time, for a good brush use badger.

Top Bottom