What's new

homemade melt and pour mixing question

I've noticed that the hotter it is, the stronger the scent. Once it cools down, the scent should smell "weaker."
You don't want to add your aftershave to melted soap that is hot. The heat will make the alcohol and fragrance evaporate faster, making it smell stronger then, but leaving less scent for when it cools.

You want to allow your soap to cool to just before it starts to solidify before to add the aftershave, to preserve the scent.

You don't want to add your aftershave to melted soap that is hot. The heat will make the alcohol and fragrance evaporate faster, making it smell stronger then, but leaving less scent for when it cools.

You want to allow your soap to cool to just before it starts to solidify before to add the aftershave, to preserve the scent.

Awesome. I'll definitely try this.

I've had pretty good results mixing in Old Spice and Stetson Cooling Moisture aftershave into soap melts. I mix in no more than 1/2 teaspoon of aftershave per 4 oz of soap. Like others have suggested, try a small batch just incase the results don't work out. Alson here is another word of advice from personal experience. If you are melting your soap in the microwave, keep your eye on it. Boiled over soap is quite a mess to clean up.

I've had pretty good results mixing in Old Spice and Stetson Cooling Moisture aftershave into soap melts. I mix in no more than 1/2 teaspoon of aftershave per 4 oz of soap. Like others have suggested, try a small batch just incase the results don't work out. Alson here is another word of advice from personal experience. If you are melting your soap in the microwave, keep your eye on it. Boiled over soap is quite a mess to clean up.

Awesome thanks!!
I use double boil with a pot and a coffee mug.
so if I do a DVD deluxe I'd add a touch over 1/4 tsp because it's just over 2 oz... cool!!!

Top Bottom