What's new

Hi there from Long Island NY!.

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to B&B and wet shaving. Just completed my 3rd DE shave yesterday at the ripe old age of 60+. I admit I tried wet shaving many, many years ago but had no idea what I was doing. This site is fantastic and I have many questions. I have been navigating thru the site to find many of the answers to my questions.
A quick status: I bought a VDH Traditional Razor last week with a Brush and Soap starter kit. Loved it so much, I just purchased a Razorock Teck II and P160 soap with some different blades. Added Aqua Velva, Nivea Shave balm, Witch Hazel and Neutrogena Brushless Shave cream. This should be enough gear to let me experiment and develop a solid technique.
I look forward to future interactions and thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experience on this site. It is really helpful!
Lou

Welcome to B&B
Sounds like your set up but man you have been bitten by the bug ..... bad. The only known cure is to buy more shave stuff.

It helps .... honest.

"Enable your addiction we can" - Yoda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome, Lou. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B Lou, it is a little slice of shaving paradise.
As long as we are this side of the dirt, it is not too late to enjoy a luxurious and relaxing shave.

Just a little confused about quarter razor (Gillette X2)??

Please forgive the lack of explanation. Since Gillette kept decent records, it is possible (for some production runs) for us to know the year and the quarter of those years (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter) in which a particular razor was manufactured. Therefore, we can know that an X2 date coded Gillette razor was manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 1952.

With myself as an example, my birth year and quarter is date coded L4

Here is a link regarding dating:

US Gillette Dating Information

I hope that explains what I meant. Feel free to start a Conversation with me if you need any assistance. I am certainly not the most knowledgeable, but I am happy to help.

Last edited:
Please forgive the lack of explanation. Since Gillette kept decent records, it is possible (for some production runs) for us to know the year and the quarter of those years (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter) in which a particular razor was manufactured. Therefore, we can know that an X2 date coded Gillette razor was manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 1952.

I hope that explains what I meant. Feel free to start a Conversation with me if you need any assistance. I am certainly not the most knowledgeable, but I am happy to help.

Thanks! That's very helpful and I'll save the link for when I look into the classic Gilette's on eBay. By Tuesday I'll have my second razor (Razorock Teck II) and then I'll just work on my technique. My next purchase may be a synthetic brush but I'm still on the fence

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Welcome Lou, 60 +:a14:. B&B is a great place to ask questions and share .
That is how we all learn from each other

Top Bottom