What's new

heritage 2 & 3 band

Is the current production rooney 2 band equal in quality,density of hair, and softness in tips to the discontinued 3 band ?

Is the current production rooney 2 band equal in quality,density of hair, and softness in tips to the discontinued 3 band ?

I'll give you a qualified "yes". These two types of hair have very different properties, with the two band being thicker and stiffer. For that you get fewer hairs per unit area of the knot and greater backbone. Personally I vaster prefer the qualities of two band though I like more scritch than the Heritage two band has.

Ken

Only tried the Heritage 2-band. The 3-band was renowned for its density (to the point where many reported flow issues) and you shouldn't expect equal density out of 2-band. As Ken says, that can be a good thing. Re: tip softness, the 2-band has as much scritch as your Thäter silvertip, which is to say none. Many people say it feels gel-like on your skin; I think that's an apt comparison. Quality -- well, I think the Heritage 2-band is through the roof in that category, but that's more subjective...

I've got both. The old three band was denser. The new two band is plenty dense though.
The new two band is softer at the tip and stiffer at the bottom.
It's my new favorite, the two band heritage. Very little if any scritchyness. Pillow soft.

Top Bottom