What's new

here's where people tell me not to give up...

So I arrived in Italy this morning and didn't have to go into the office, so I went shopping. I found a shop that sells some DE razors along with a weird assortment of other things. I picked up what appears to be a decent razor for about 12 euros and a badger brush for 30 euros, along with the only blades and shave cream he had. Well the blades were 0.65 euro for a 5 pack, and the cream was 1.50 euros, so you can guess the quality. I gave them a try, and did not too bad except for my neck, which I nicked many times and gave razor burn to. So I think I need to find some decent blades here (and order the variety pack so it'll be waiting for me when I get back home) and some better shave cream and try again. Weird that I haven't seen any Proraso here yet. Maybe I just haven't found the right shop.

Enjoy Italy, don't worry about hnting down shaving supplies, there's plenty of those already. Actually, I go to Italy fairly often and I've not seen too much in the shaving line, just palmolive and Proraso really and I can't remember ever seeing DE razor blades for sale there.

With superb skill, flare and memory I found myself in Florence last month with a complete shaving kit, minus blades! I walked absolutely miles, covering ever farmacia in the city until I eventually found one that sold DE blades (Swedish Gillettes)...The following day, I walked past two shops with displays of brushes in the window and a nice selection of others shaving malarkey grrr!

Don't give up. There, I hope that helps! :biggrin:

BTW check out the Italian chocolate. I ate mountains of that stuff when I was in Milan and Florence.

Enjoy yourself. Some of us over here wish we were where you are now.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
peacefrog said:
...Weird that I haven't seen any Proraso here yet. Maybe I just haven't found the right shop.

When I was in Italy I did not eat at the new Wendy's in Venice. The others were lined up outside the door to get a hamburger. I figured I didn't travel 3000 miles to eat a hamburger. I want pasta with clam sauce. And if I was in Germany I wouldn't want a Becks, not that there is anything wrong with it. I would want something I can't get at home.

Likewise, I would just pick up what ever I found locally and be surprised at the results. But most importantly have fun.:smile:

By the way, where in Italy are you?

I personally would even be looking for shaving products, but trying to find a cool Italian barber shop to get a shave and maybe some recommendations on some obscure shaving products then pick them up if you wish. Then after your shave and your face looks great, go out and get some good food and wine. Maybe even find a nice Italian girl :cool:

Forgot to tell you, Bob. Whatever you do just have a great time. Italy's a wonderful country, don't worry so much about what you don't do, just make sure you have a ball with what you get to do.

Bob: Hope your trip is great. My sister toured Italy two years ago (Rome, Florence and Milan) and I STILL am hearing about it.
Oh, and don't give up.:biggrin:

DON'T GIVE UP!!! And I must say from my experience in Italy...eating was such a pleasure. You just can't come close to that experience anywhere near here....oh, and try the diet cokes.......they still use sacarin over there so they taste better than regular coke!!! and they will serve it to you in a wine glass as well....

AH, I am so jealous right now.

My job has me spend roughly 25% of my life in various places in Europe. Here's my last couple months: a week in England; a week at home; three weeks in Italy; three weeks at home; two weeks in Italy; two weeks at home...it just seems to go on and on. For those who've asked, I'm in Torino. The food is always great here, the best in the world in my opinion.

Top Bottom