What's new

Hair on the back of your neck.

If you use a DE use a DE twice a week. I have the same problem as you do but I use a straight. Every week I shave it and it lasts a very long time with a straight. The back of your neck has pretty thick skinned, smooth and is tough. It might sound hard to do using a straight but it is quite simple and I have never cut myself either which is more than I can say about my face.

Take Care,
Richard

I've thought, just from some trial runs to see how I'm going to have to position myself, that a straight razor would be much more practical for this. The grip makes more sense. But, alas, I'm not a straight shaver. DE only. Is the learning curve worth picking up straights primarily for neck shaving?

Pick up one of those mini-groomers that they sell to women for their mustache. It's battery operated and safe to the touch while running. I use it while standing in front of my bathroom mirror to trim all the excess hair that grows upon my nape. It works great.

I think it costs about 9.99.

marty

Pick up one of those mini-groomers that they sell to women for their mustache. It's battery operated and safe to the touch while running. I use it while standing in front of my bathroom mirror to trim all the excess hair that grows upon my nape. It works great.

I think it costs about 9.99.

marty

We have one of those and a Norelco. They work, but you know the drill...if it can be done with a DE, why use anything else? :biggrin:

I've thought, just from some trial runs to see how I'm going to have to position myself, that a straight razor would be much more practical for this. The grip makes more sense. But, alas, I'm not a straight shaver. DE only. Is the learning curve worth picking up straights primarily for neck shaving?

Not really worth the learning curve but I did not see anything that said you were a DE guy. Straights are amazing for the neck. DE's are a good way to go and if you were to shave ATG it would do a good job.

Later,
Richard

Just get a simple shavette style straight, one that holds half a de blade. Sally's beauty has one for 7 and some change. You'll get a cleaner, better, and more precise shave on the neck and you don't have to deal with a straight. What I really want to say... Sell all your DE stuff and convert!

I use whatever I'm shaving my face with; DE or straight and have no issues with this. Use my normal shave soap and brush. I hold a small mirror in my off hand.

Started doing this when diving with a dry suit since a smooth neck is needed for a good seal. The water temperature is close to freezing here in winter so a good seal is much appreciated :biggrin:

Ask your significant other to shave it for you. Its safer!

She does an amazing job, when I've asked her, but it's a big ordeal. I have to kneel down in front of the sink and it's done off-rotation from shaving my face. I was thinking about doing this when I'm shaving my face one morning. I will probably do it tomorrow or Wednesday and report back here.

I have a small hand held mirror so I can see what I am doing, there is plenty of lather left on the brush and a single blade Bic. I will continue to use the Bic's until my supply runs out and then just use the DE.

She does an amazing job, when I've asked her, but it's a big ordeal. I have to kneel down in front of the sink and it's done off-rotation from shaving my face. I was thinking about doing this when I'm shaving my face one morning. I will probably do it tomorrow or Wednesday and report back here.

My wife also seems to have no idea what no pressure is:rolleyes: in addition to the above ritual.. Easier and safer to do it myself:biggrin:

I shave my unsightly neck fuzz once a week, usually Sunday. Once I'm done shaving my face I use the lather from my brush and lather up the back of my neck, then I'll use one of those little standup vanity mirrors in conjunction with the wall mirror and a Mach 3 (I still have a ton of blades for one). Not comfortable enough to use a DE just yet

Top Bottom