What's new

Guys, what do you think of the whole slim-fit craze in men's fashion?

What do you think of the slim-fit look?!

• Love it and rock it often!

• Hate it and never rock it!

• Meh, looks good on some guys but not on others.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know, the slim-fit dress shirts, the slim-fit /skinny dress pants, the skinny ties, the slim-fit suits, etc.? What say you?

A-You like the slim-fit look and rock it yourself quite often.

B-You DON'T like the slim-fit look (please state why) and never rock it.

C-You think it looks good on some guys (namely tall, thin male models) but not on most guys.

My tailor said that he thinks the slim-fit look (as far as suits and dress wear are concerned) is too casual/informal/faddish. Do you guys agree or not necessarily?!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
From a functional standpoint seems constricting, from the visual reminds me of flashbacks of Junior Soprano. But, if some still have their suits from the 50's in the closet why not

I'm not a fan. Frankly, I think it is effeminate looking. Generally I'm not a fan if most modern fashion, I don't think there is much class anymore.

I hope I don't offend anyone who may like the style. This is just my opinion, which is actually worth very little.

Last edited:
I think both of ya'll bring up excellent points! It is VERY constrictive, garyg. Slim-fit does not really give you much room to turn/twist your torso OR reach out with either or both of your arm(s). I also agree that the whole "skinny jeans/slim-fit" craze in men's fashion does strike me as effeminate, OR at the very least, "too hip/faddish" for its own good. Does that make any sense to you guys, or am I just way off base here?! The ONLY guys who can come close to pulling it off are skinny dudes with narrow shoulders and loooong torsos who stand over 6 feet tall. You guys agree or no?

I think both of ya'll bring up excellent points! It is VERY constrictive, garyg. Slim-fit does not really give you much room to turn/twist your torso OR reach out with either or both of your arm(s). I also agree that the whole "skinny jeans/slim-fit" craze in men's fashion does strike me as effeminate, OR at the very least, "too hip/faddish" for its own good. Does that make any sense to you guys, or am I just way off base here?! The ONLY guys who can come close to pulling it off are skinny dudes with narrow shoulders and loooong torsos who stand over 6 feet tall. You guys agree or no?

I would agree. I know I definitely cannot wear it.

slim fit is way different than skinny jeans.. slim fit looks great if you can rock it.. skinny jeans, not my cup of tea..

i don't think skinny fit looks effem, cause the right ladies figure on a pair of skinny sans muffin top is phenom and while i have seen the pics of guys with nice figures, that's not what i see on the daily. i see a bunch of supper skinny or chubby guys with hoodies/vests that look like hipsters, which is cool if you a hipster..

I wear slim fit and I'm glad it's available in the stores. Slim is not the same as skinny. I have tried on skinny jeans and they didn't look good and they were way too tight on my calves.

Slim is not constricting unless you are buying a size too small.

I don't like wearing shirts that are too baggy or have arm holes cut so big that they go half way down your torso. When you wear a "full cut" dress shirt under a suit it gets wrinkly in no time. With a slim cut shirt this is less of a problem.

I don't really like the skinny look. I wear slim fit polo shirts by Sunspel and Lacoste in casual settings. The rest of time it's classic cut. My legs are way to muscular to wear skinny jeans.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Skinny jeans seem pointlessly stupid. Work clothes in which one cannot actually "work" ... hmm ...

Slim-cut clothes can look good, it's just a matter of not going too far with it.

I'm 5' 11" and 225lbs. Not exactly a gym bunny either. Needless to say, I'm not a fan. Besides, Old Spice with skinny jeans? Rediculous!

well global_dev, what is YOUR personal style? Are you a hipster?!

nope, not a hipster, but definitely some pieces could be construed as hipsterish, for example wolverine 1K 721s and a scarf, but that's about it.. i have a relatively athletic build at 6', 200..

lots of my kit are pretty simple classic never go out of style, but perhaps more progressive than typical.. kind of tahari x helmut lang x prada (maybe some miu miu elements).. you won't find me in dockers, boat shoes, work boots, etc..

i wear nice suits everyday of the week, not three piece bankers and definitely no pocket watch, no french cuffs

i don't know what my style is called.. my friends tend to think that my flavor tends to be more european cut straight line stuff, pretty minimalistic but likely never go out of style

I like slim-fit shirts because they fit my torso better. One of my exes used to say I looked like I was drowning in a sea of fabric with a regular cut. I can't stand the skinny leg look though.

nope, not a hipster, but definitely some pieces could be construed as hipsterish, for example wolverine 1K 721s and a scarf, but that's about it.. i have a relatively athletic build at 6', 200..

lots of my kit are pretty simple classic never go out of style, but perhaps more progressive than typical.. kind of tahari x helmut lang x prada (maybe some miu miu elements).. you won't find me in dockers, boat shoes, work boots, etc..

i wear nice suits everyday of the week, not three piece bankers and definitely no pocket watch, no french cuffs

i don't know what my style is called.. my friends tend to think that my flavor tends to be more european cut straight line stuff, pretty minimalistic but likely never go out of style

I can dig it.

If it's your thing then fine, back when I was younger and fitter I could've pulled off the slim fit thing, though then everything was baggy (90's) These days I'm a nice plump German middle aged man, slim fit is not very becoming on me;) Baggy doesn't work well either, so I have to make sure clothes actually fit, but aren't form fitting.

You know, the slim-fit dress shirts, the slim-fit /skinny dress pants, the skinny ties, the slim-fit suits, etc.? What say you?

A-You like the slim-fit look and rock it yourself quite often.

B-You DON'T like the slim-fit look (please state why) and never rock it.

C-You think it looks good on some guys (namely tall, thin male models) but not on most guys.

My tailor said that he thinks the slim-fit look (as far as suits and dress wear are concerned) is too casual/informal/faddish. Do you guys agree or not necessarily?!
I voted A, love to wear the jeans, shirts....but now that i gained some fat and lost muscle i may have to try a bit harder to slide in some of the jeans.

Top Bottom