What's new

Great comfy shave

After 1 year and a 1/2 i finaly made it, 2 pass shave(straight) and touch up on The chin and moustache ares. I dont get à bbs shave but a damn good shave. The post shave is just fantastic and my wife is less groochi about The washroom Time lol, it took me less then 20 min now compare to 45 min. 1 pass down The grain, 2 pass up The grain on The neck and cheek, across The grain Chin and moustache area and The last across The grain The moustache and Chin area.

What blade and soap are you using. Show us what gave you that shave.
It's a general remark i own 14 straights and have all kind of soaps and creams and i've got similar results. This morning i was using my 6/8 geneva cutelry, Proraso white, omega boar brush and i finish off whit Aqua Velva sports blue

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
After 1 year and a 1/2 i finaly made it, 2 pass shave(straight) and touch up on The chin and moustache ares. I dont get à bbs shave but a damn good shave. The post shave is just fantastic and my wife is less groochi about The washroom Time lol, it took me less then 20 min now compare to 45 min. 1 pass down The grain, 2 pass up The grain on The neck and cheek, across The grain Chin and moustache area and The last across The grain The moustache and Chin area.
Nice! Glad you're getting the hang of it. There's nothing like a straight razor shave.

A good straight razor shave is worth its weight in gold.

Back when I first got started, I had my Whipped Dog razor along with two DEs that I alternated. As time went on, I found that my shaves with the DE were markedly better than the straight razor. One day, I had a particularly horrible shave with the straight: lots of irritation, several nicks and a weeper, and not a very good shave at all. I put the razor into a box after that and left it that way for about 4 months or so.

One day, I saw my straight sitting forlorn in the box and decided to give it one more shot before selling it on or putting it up for a PIF. The shave was EXCELLENT, the best I've ever had even unto this day and I've yet to be able to fully replicate it. No irritation, no nicks or weepers, and a very close, smooth shave. It was that day that cemented my status as a straight razor user. I still use DEs when I need a quick shave or just feel like a DE, but the good shaves come from the straights for me.

I still used my DE but shaving whit a straight to my opinion is The real thing. I do used also straight whit disposable blades and do gave me good shaves but The traditional straight is The real thing. I also have a shovel hear SE and gave me good shave to but there's nothing compare to a traditional straight.

Top Bottom