What's new

Golden nib knots, two band, super silvertip

R

Rsq

How do the two band and super silvertip compare to other makers' versions? In stiffness, softness, etc

I only have a jagger best brush for comparison, so if anyone can also provide a comparison with that one, it would be most helpful

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
How do the two band and super silvertip compare to other makers' versions? In stiffness, softness, etc

I only have a jagger best brush for comparison, so if anyone can also provide a comparison with that one, it would be most helpful

In my opinion, both are better than Jagger's Best. I had a Jagger brush once in Best (BBB), and I was not impressed at all.

2 band finest (I have a fan XHS in 22mm) good backbone, slight scritch to the tips that fades but doesn't go away (well, 30 shaves in it hasn't)

Super badger, (I have fan, 22mm) lacking on backbone but has some, very good tip softness. This is a much thinner hair than the finest. This produces a richer lather than the finest

I could very happily live with either knot for the rest of my life.

Phil

2 band finest (I have a fan XHS in 22mm) good backbone, slight scritch to the tips that fades but doesn't go away (well, 30 shaves in it hasn't)

+1 mine is softer but hasn't completely gone after 15 shaves.
Don't have a TGN silver tip to compare it to as my silver tip is a whipped dog.

Top Bottom