What's new

Going to Vietnam, any DE blades available?

I’m in the process of planning a trip to Vietnam in September/October. Will be visiting Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi amongst other places in between.

Because I’m moving around a lot I will be flying carry on only, shave kit is minimalist (Gillette sensor, muhle travel brush and La toja stick) but I would like to take a DE. My merkur travel razor is small enough to occupy a small corner of my wash bag and never gets stopped by airport security when disassembled.

Just wondering if there are DE blades available anywhere in Vietnam? If not I don’t mind using the sensor but would be nice to use a DE if possible.

If we talk about Vietnam and DE -blades Dorco comes to mind. Made in Vietnam.

I’m aware there are a few blades manufactured in Vietnam but are they commercially available to the public there or are they mostly shipped to overseas markets?

I ask because I was in South Korea 2 years ago and despite there being a few blades made there I couldn’t find any in either Seoul or Busan. It was all Mach 3’s and Fusions etc and not even any nice colognes as a compromise.

The Super Thins have also a Vietnamese label print so I would guess they are at least available to local barbers.

0695A538-3FF9-4C44-AD01-DD0A27F6E835.png

There is even a Vietnamese version of a Super Blue or Klick? called Super Thin that I’ve never seen before @ivan_101

How cool is that?

View attachment 1849341
The one on your photo is the version for Vietnam. Simply called Super Thin as the blades. Comes with the blade intended for Vietnam - Super Thin Platinum.
The same razor is also available in Thailand as Super Click. Comes with a different Super Thin blade for Thailand.
super click.jpg

Also sold as Goal Klik in Indonesia with a Gillette Goal blade. All of these are manufactured in China of course.

Last edited:
I guess the original poster may be asking if they’re “common“ to come across there from first hand experience. I did a recent trip to Costa Rica and it seemed the majority of non-tourist (no souvenirs) small markets actually had the Astra Stainless in stock for instance. I think about 4 of 5 had them. Can’t speak for Vietnam.

Off topic , but if you are a coffee drinker you may want to pick up a couple of high quality stainless steel "PHIN" coffee pots for brewing and perhaps a kilo of robusta or robusta / arabica mix green beans for roasting at home . Viet Nam is famous for this type brewing and coffee beans .

Top Bottom