What's new

Gillette travel razor

Bought this great little Gillette travel razor, is there any way to tell what year it was manufactured?
46490ECF-3435-4C9E-9D72-FA0C4992A797.jpeg

There should be a letter in the upper left corner of the bottom side of the base plate (depending on which way you're looking at it) and a letter in the upper right corner. Assuming it's made in USA.

Yes, I put one of my Razorock handles on it and used it for several shaves. It shaves really nice, I was actually surprised how well it does shave. One day I will try the short handle and see how that goes. Thanks nemo for the info!

The shortest handle length that works for me - and exeptionally well I have to say - is the Tuckway. I tried the Milady but it was borderline uncomfortable. Never tried the Travel Tech handle but it is again shorter than the Milady...

Even with hands on the larger end of the spectrum, I don't have an issue using the Travel Tech standard handles (or Tuckaways) because I tend to hold the razor more near the head anyway, so handle length isn't an issue for me, but between the two, I like the Milady Handle better mostly because of the open comb head is more efficient than the Tech.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I have 2 of those little Travel Techs....never had an issue as I choke up on the handle a bit anyway....they are neat

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Same same as above. Although it wouldn’t be my preferred size of a DE handle, it still works well for me. Smaller handles are my preference and I still choke up on them , so it feels natural, not unusual.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Same same as above. Although it wouldn’t be my preferred size of a DE handle, it still works well for me. Smaller handles are my preference and I still choke up on them , so it feels natural, not unusual.

+3 I always wonder how safe it is for a guy who can't reach his own face without an extension to be wet-shaving anyway ..

Classic movie! And one of the most wonderful shaving scenes ever!! :a29:
Cary Grant performed with his whole body, not just his hands and face. Great stuff.

That travel razor in the first part of the video looked like it had a white plastic baseplate. Were those available from Gillette? My Travel Tech from 1965-66 has a metal baseplate.

Top Bottom