What's new

Gillette TracII / GII: With or Without lubrastrip?

With or Without lubrastrip

• With white lubra-strip

• Without lubrastrip

Results are only viewable after voting.
what do you prefer Gillette TracII / GII : With lubrastrip or Without lubrastrip ?
Do you find the white lubra-strip useful, and gives a more comfortable and better shave?
pls let me know :)

no lubra-strip
גאקרעעקרער.jpg

with white lubra-Strip
89fb7030-0685-44ba-ac13-333b68bd71d6_1.2ae4d7fc2ab76e6a2bdc2297e357dd9b.jpeg

I don't notice them performance-wise, so they don't exactly irritate me, but are not needed, get crusty really fast looking the blade is way past its prime, and frankly it's a little baffling why they lubricate you after the blade contact.

So all told I'd rather go without, but it's not a hill I would die on.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
It works with or without lubrastrip, I don't really care about them right now.

When I was a lazy teenager who had just started shaving, I used to rely on lubrastrip for slime shaving and thought it was a novelty, but I found that the lifespan of lubrastrip was very short, not even as good as facial cleanser.

I don't hate lubrastrip either, so I wouldn't be bothered if it was on the cartridge.

I have a collection of the white strip ones doing nothing… anyone message me if want them along with some other cartridge related gear as a PIF?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I actually preferred the strips back in the day.

Using a DE taught me one thing: proper hydration and lubrication pretty much eliminates their need!

I have never in person seen cartridges without the strips.

After I started DE shaving, and occasionally using a cartridges for various reasons, and experimenting, I came to the strong belief that the lubrication strips actually contribute to a certain amount of irritation for me. If I had to guess it has something to do with microbes with the strip gel and the cartridges but I really don't know.

I get fewer ingrown hairs with a single blade razor than with a multi-blade razor. I don't think this is because of the lubrication strip on the cartridge razor head, but rather due to the fact that a multiple blade razor shaves some hairs below the skin surface.

Top Bottom