What's new

Gillette Tech Discovered in my House

Hello all! While going through some of her dad's things (he's been gone a few years now) my wife said "Scott, you need to come look at this." Packed away in an old suitcase was his dopp-kit and while the bag was beyond saving, what was inside is what she wanted me to see. 20210712_164906.jpg20210712_164943.jpg20210712_165103.jpg

The Tally-Ho brushless shave cream jar is a cool find, milk-glass jar with a screw on lid and smells similar to Tabac. The Tech however cleaned up well enough to use. As you can see from the photo, there is some brassing and plate loss on the baseplate. If I understand what I've read, the oval slots make it a post war 46-50 due to the lack of a date code BUT, the etched top caps started in the early 50's and date codes began in '51. I'm thinking it's a '50. What say you fellas?

Oh yeah, I used it tonight. I took what I've learned here about mild razors+sharp blades, loaded a new Feather and had a remarkable BBS shave. Nearly the same experience as my AS-D2 for a lot less $$$. Not surprising now that I think about it since an AS-D2 is essentially a modern SS Tech. The Gillette is a little more forgiving with regards to blade angle I think.

Top Bottom