What's new

Gillette cartridges are expensive!

Well the flip side disc the Japanese bought Levi's old fabric looms, move to Japan, and now build old school Jeans. Young guy I know is Jeans nerd, he own nothing but the old school Japanese jeans, the bad new is they start at about $200.00/pair, and sales are good.

Back in the 80’s and 90’s, Canadian made red-tab Levi’s jeans cost $60 at Canadian Sears. We waited for the yearly sale and got them for $35. They were indestructible and could easily last 10 years.

The orange-tab Mexican made Levi’s jeans were $24 or $30 (don’t remember). They were more workwear than fashion wear.

Canadian Sears, Canadian Levi’s and Mexican Levi’s are all gone now.

Yeah. I stopped using cartridges because I felt like I was being taken advantage of, and that’s not a nice feeling. And that was ten years ago for me. I would be so angry if I bought a pack of cartridges today. It’s just not an acceptable way for a company to treat its customers. It’s abusive - that’s how I feel about it.
You just described my relationship with Diet Coke. They got me addicted decades ago, eroded some teeth and are now cranking up the price above inflation growing their margins as they know I am addicted and will keep paying.

I’m on several flights a week and never check bags so cartridges are part of my life. I get consistently great results with all Gillette 5-blade cartridges and my Mach 3. And it’s a fast shave as time is almost always a premium.

However, when I’m at home, I almost always enjoy a daily DE or SE shave.

Top Bottom