What's new

Gift from Italy

Anyone know anything about these cigars? I can't seem to find much on them outside of them originally being seeds from Cuba long long time ago and now the only(?) Italian cigar? Also that the are made by hand and use one leaf type.

Basically this is it. Nostrano del Brenta--Italian Cigar Leaf - https://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/nostrano-del-brenta-italian-cigar-leaf.6480/

Thought I'd preemptively ask while I go outside and try it.

1000004358.jpg

The chocolate is what my au pair brought me when I told her, knowing she would bring me a gift, that I would like to try the Italian retail equivalent of Milka or Hershey, and it doesn't need to be expensive but I want it to be Italian. I thought it was nice, and that the flavor profile made sense for a coffee loving country.

I tried looking but can only see in stock on this random website with no reviews: Nostrano del Brenta Il Doge Cigar – Pack of 3 – Armandocigars - https://www.armandocigars.com/product/nostrano-del-brenta-il-doge-cigar-pack-of-3-2/

Every other one has other shapes in stock but not il doge if you're open to switching shapes.
Thats what I noticed as well and they are expensive on said sites, 3x to be precise. As mentioned these were brought back as a gift so can't trade haha but either way, I was very pleasantly surprised. Visually these looked like they were headed towards Maduro territory which I'm not a fan of. Not even remotely the case. I really enjoyed the first one I had. Saving the other two.

Very unique in the sense of experience, flavor was very good too, different from what I usually have but the whole experience was enjoyable. If they had them here at that price, I'd probably have cigars too often, so maybe it's for the best.

The chocolate is what my au pair brought me when I told her, knowing she would bring me a gift, that I would like to try the Italian retail equivalent of Milka or Hershey, and it doesn't need to be expensive but I want it to be Italian. I thought it was nice, and that the flavor profile made sense for a coffee loving country.
Yeah the chocolate was actually not what I expected either (either in regards to my expectation of the cigar). It was a little bolder (headed towards dark chocolate) than I expected, not to mention the calories, ouch. But when you have thr chance, enjoy it.

To me it was very hazelnut forward, reminisant of Toffifee but with (good) chocolate. I'm surprised to hear you say this is their equivalent of Hershey. I know Hershey is barely chocolate let alone food but if this is their equivalent, they've got it good. Had to eat it all.

Top Bottom