What's new

Gibbs Razor uses regular blade!

I just rec'd my gear from Deutscheoptik.com- It is a Gibbs French army razor but I just installed a regular DE blade without problem. Apparently most Gibbs Razors need a slightly smaller proprietary blade. Will give it a spin in the morning. The razor strop is a mini-somewhat bigger than an autovalet strop but solid and double-leather/canvas. Really cool. The shaving soap is a monster brick-should be perfect for grating-just like a block of cheddar!

I just shaved with it-fresh Wilkinson blade-BBS with two passes and touch up. It is a light weight but solidly built razor-comfortable. It comes in a nice fitted case with blades. The space will hold other blade packs. It would make a nice travel razor or daily use. I did get the strop-like a mini regular strop-leather and canvas, nice hardware-just smaller-would be great for travel. The soap is a big chunk but I haven't tried it yet-this weekend. It rectangular solid shape will make grating into a cup easy but will probably first cut off a piece, but in a cup and try it that way. The more soaps I try the more I realize how you need to prep them differently-soak or not, hot or warm, type of brush, upside down or right side up, etc.

Last edited:
Here's a french razor that has a head much like a Gibbs but unlike the Gibbs it accepts today's standard blades. I had it gunkoted at Northshore Razors. Being zamac, re-plating wasn't an option. Looking at the head and the handle, this razor appears to be very similar to another razor known as the M. Peroni Tilting or Tilted Head. So similar, that in a previous submission of photos made to the "Non Gillette" thread, prior to its gunkoting, I cheekily deemed it simply as an "M. Peroni". Of course, better information may come along...

M. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 1.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 2.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 3.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 4.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 5.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 6.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 7.JPGM. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 8.JPG

Top Bottom