What's new

futur: aka thumb scalpel...

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Here is what I do, if I need to adjust the razor wet, I grab the sides of the razor with a towel. But I have found the perfect setting for me, so I hardly ever adjust it anymore.

I'll have to try one eventually. I know this is a razor that has its fans and I have to admit I think the chrome version is dead sexy but I'm just not apt to buy one for that kind of scratch without knowing if it would be a keeper or not.

The Futur really shines for me when I haven't shaved in a few days. The amount of whiskers it takes off with one pass is something to behold. When I haven't shaved for 3-4 days I set it to 3 and it takes the whiskers off as though I'd shaved the morning before. Way more pleasant than the HD, Super Speed, or Gillette Adjustable that don't have the heft or blade gap. Sometimes I skip a couple of days just to setup the Futur shave I like it so much.

Like others, I use a towel when dealing with the adjustment. I've adjusted it without, but it takes too much force to change the settings to chance a cut.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Unless you have to constantly fiddle with the adjustment, finding a good setting and leaving it there is the advantage of adjustable feature....and the top cap is one of the few DE designs that encloses the "unsharpened" sides of the blade.

The Futur really shines for me when I haven't shaved in a few days. The amount of whiskers it takes off with one pass is something to behold. When I haven't shaved for 3-4 days I set it to 3 and it takes the whiskers off as though I'd shaved the morning before. Way more pleasant than the HD, Super Speed, or Gillette Adjustable that don't have the heft or blade gap. Sometimes I skip a couple of days just to setup the Futur shave I like it so much.

Like others, I use a towel when dealing with the adjustment. I've adjusted it without, but it takes too much force to change the settings to chance a cut.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't changed the setting from 4 for about a year. It isn't the safest razor to change settings I do agree.

Aaron

I use a towel (plenty of those in the bathroom), but usually I'm fine using my bare -and dry!- fingers. No accident so far, although I'm pretty clumsy.

Top Bottom