What's new

Found Vintage Old Spice Soap

I found this vintage Old Spice shave mug with the soap unopened at my local antique shop today. Am I correct that this one is from 48 through the 50s? I opened it and it still has a faint hint of Old Spice on the cake.
20230911_142213.jpg

20230911_141109.jpg

20230911_145723.jpg

20230911_141044.jpg

"Developed during the period of America's greatest scientific advancement, 1941-1946." I love reading this old marketing stuff. Interesting that those years include our development of The Bomb. So for better or worse its arguably quite accurate.

20230914_110827.jpg

Did my first shave with the Vintage Old Spice today. I was astonished with the performance of this soap. The residual slickness was awesome, and how easy it was to lather. This was probably one of my top five best performing soaps. I wish they would remake the soap even if it was a special edition. I guess I'm going to have to try to find a dupe that is close to it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
View attachment 1717796
Did my first shave with the Vintage Old Spice today. I was astonished with the performance of this soap. The residual slickness was awesome, and how easy it was to lather. This was probably one of my top five best performing soaps. I wish they would remake the soap even if it was a special edition. I guess I'm going to have to try to find a dupe that is close to it.
In my experience, the only soap that comes close to this level of performance is tallow Tabac. The OS is so great because its scent (if it has any left after all these years) is not as polarizing as Tabac.

Enjoy that soap … it is not easy to find.

Top Bottom