What's new

Found a local source

Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, of all places, has a shop inside the student center that caters to fountain pens and wet shaving. Although small, I bet they had 50 different models of pens, racks full of inks and journals, Merkur DEs along with straight razors, brushes, product etc. Leather shaving kits, portfolio covers and assorted other classy items.

They're running a sale through the end of July. Buy one get the next item 50% off. I picked up a Pilot Metropolitan in the purple leopard for $15 and an 80 ml bottle of Diamine ink for $7.00. I think I found a new place to haunt.

I had a chance to test their customer service today (which was good). The Metropolitan I bought was missing the converter, plus I decided a fine tip is what I wanted rather than the medium I bought. Receipt in hand I easily exchanged the items. Although they were out of the specific color pen in the fine tip, they did quickly show me their other options.

It appears to be student staffed so I would expect them to strictly adhere to whatever policies they have in place as opposed to looking at individual customer service situations. Since it was buy 1 get 1 50% off I asked if that applied to buy 2 get 2 at 50% off and was told it no. Yet if I walked out and back in to make a second purchase I could take advantage of the BOGO deal.

Top Bottom