What's new

For the few chilly days in Florida....

We don't have very many cold days here in central FL, but my wife loves her coffee on the lanai, so there was a sale at SAMs club. Problem solved.
The catalytic heater on the right is going to the garage.

20231116_160451.jpg

I have one of those heaters like on the right. They throw out some serious heat and can be a fire hazard. Consider buying a round base that a propane tank sits in to prevent tipping. You can find them at RV places.

I have one of those heaters like on the right. They throw out some serious heat and can be a fire hazard. Consider buying a round base that a propane tank sits in to prevent tipping. You can find them at RV places.
That heater is around 18 years old and it replaced one just like it that I wore out. I have been using these for safely for about 35 years. Although I've never knocked it over, they both have a tip feature which shuts it off if that happens. If not too expensive I would like to have a sturdier base. I will look into it. Thanks!

My wife and I lived in Cape Coral, Fla from '74-77. When we lived in Cape Coral, the population was like 20,000. Now it's around 250,000. Although we saw snowflakes one winter, we couldn't take the heat and humidity most of the year. While our daughter loved it and swam most days, with a recession and few job opportunities, we struggled and referred to Florida as "the elephants' graveyard". When I got a job offer in NJ, we moved back North. Our oldest is currently living in NC, still trying to work her way back to Florida.

most of my life in the Islands if it got below 70 into the freezing cold 60s we would be dressed in long pants and sweatshirts and jackets loading the boats in the morning :) the tourist in their shorts were not sure if we were joking or seriously that cold :)

can relate sure it's going to be much better all around dropping on ya heat than pounding in from the side :)

and ya can watch the birds feeding looks like :)

Top Bottom