What's new

Flat caps

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have 3 caps two are paperboy style in different colours. One is blue herringbone the other is grey herringbone.

My other cap is London style in a light brown check.

I only wear them in the autumn, winter and spring as they really keep my head warm. I prefer the paperboys as these were all men in Belfast wore at one time.

The paperboys are making a comeback here with people of all age's wearing them.

Last edited:
I have 4 flat caps (all Ivy six panels). One brown sued, one blue plaid, one blue jeans and one grey herringbone. Each for a season although I tend to alternate nonetheless. For more formal occasions and sometimes for fun when I go to work I also have a Fedora hat.

Flat Caps are my favorite hat especially in the cooler months. I own about 10 of them. There are 4 basic types of Flat Caps. Here are some pictures of the basic types. First one is a Baker Boy, then a Duck Bill, then a Flat Cap, then a Newsboy.

baker boy.png
duck bill.png
flat cap.png
newsboy.png

I will today. I ordered it on Etsy from Sterkowski in Poland March 14. It's been mostly hanging out in US Customs since then. I hope when the mailman gets here it was worth the wait.
It was. Good thing I was here it came signature required, for a $25 dollar hat!? It is really nice, the fit is perfect and the linen weave is loose enough you can see light through it. Something besides baseball caps for the summer.:biggrin1: Here's a quick poorly taken photo.
hat.jpg

They call it their Ivy Five.

I bought one from a street vendor in New York while on holiday in 2018. It’s similar to a tweed knit. I think it was $10 vey good quality and still wear today but not in our summer 40 degree hear 🥵

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just have to recommend the

Walker and Hawkes - Wax Belton Flat Cap​

asdasd.png

Got navy, too. Waxed cotton has a lot of soul.

No, I'm not sure I can rock a flat cap. Me Irish ma thought I looked good in one, but. Agewise I'm between hipster and ancient. Those two get a pass, as well as actual UK/Irish. However, wife hates ballcaps :sad: and I'm getting a bald spot – according to security camera footage. :mad2:

AA

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Just have to recommend the

Walker and Hawkes - Wax Belton Flat Cap​

View attachment 1800008

Got navy, too. Waxed cotton has a lot of soul.

No, I'm not sure I can rock a flat cap. Me Irish ma thought I looked good in one, but. Agewise I'm between hipster and ancient. Those two get a pass, as well as actual UK/Irish. However, wife hates ballcaps :sad: and I'm getting a bald spot – according to security camera footage. :mad2:

AA
Thats a nice looking cap, and if yer Ma says you look good in it. You look good in it 😁.

Top Bottom