What's new

First Str8 BBS with no nicks.

Finally got a BBS with no nicks, and just some slight feedback from my alum block. This was my 9th straight razor shave. Now if I can just get my shave time just a little faster (it is taking me about 20 minutes now - 3 passes and touch-up). I have been really pleased with my learning curve (which I attribute to lots of good info from B&B and YouTube, as well as years of using a Feather DE on an open comb slant, which taught me about using no pressure. Used a Dovo "Bergischer Lowe", I just had to keep an eye on that Spanish point.

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Well done, congrats! It just gets easier and easier from here on out. Have fun!

Good stuff!!! Forget about time and concentrate on the enjoyment factor....this is not a race or youll pay the price..lol

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Congrats! Don't worry about the speed. If you can't budget enough time, pull out the DE.

Congrats! Don't worry about the speed. If you can't budget enough time, pull out the DE.
NOPE! I am learning by immersion. No more DE until I feel I have gotten very comfortable with my straight razor shave. I am just getting up a few minutes earlier to accommodate my longer shave time. :001_smile

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Congrats! Don't hurry with a straight, you won't like the results.

Cheers, Steve

NOPE! I am learning by immersion. No more DE until I feel I have gotten very comfortable with my straight razor shave. I am just getting up a few minutes earlier to accommodate my longer shave time. :001_smile

IMHO that's the best way to do it!... Right now I'm committed to using one of the razors in my collection that's been the most blood thirsty... a Red Imp 133. I'm going to use this razor until I can consistently get a blood free shave! =)

Top Bottom