What's new

First restore. more to come.

Hello ladies and gents,
I just did my first restore job. I found a vintage brass shave set (mirror and brush) at a local antique shop and decided to try my hand at my first brush restore. I picked up a TGN Finest Badger at 22mm and used the good ole quick setting clear epoxy.

The previous knot was easy to get out because it had hair as sparse as Mr. Burns' head.. although the ancient epoxy took a good hour to remove with my trusty Makita drill. The process was flawless. I didn't need to set the knot any higher as some have done. As you can see in the awesome photo below.. I used some chrome polish to give the handle a mirror finish. The handle itself is quite heavy and feels nice in the hand. Fortunately the handle will require bi-monthly shine jobs that will keep me busy. I haven't tried it out yet so I will post again to let someone know what I think. I really wish it would've taken a 26mm knot since it's so heavy.

$brass badger.jpg

I will get my 99 megapixel camera back from my girlfriend and take better photos(not using my phone) and also will include pics of the really nice brass mirror that came with it. The mirror swivels and has a built in holder for this brush.. SUPER SWEET!!

Nice work, Alphonse! That's an interesting handle. Congratulations on your first restoration, and I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the complete set.

Top Bottom