What's new

First Chuck Norris, next William Shatner?

Should we knight William Shatner?

• He's in! Knight the man!

• I'm not a believer. He doesn't get in.

• B&B can only have one patron saint. Norris is it.

• How dare you mention Norris and Shatner in the same breath?

• Who's William Shatner?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Cpt. Kirk should get in. Not only is he a man's man who shaves, but he had the first inter-racial kiss on TV and made it with a hot, green, alien chick, while saving the universe.

Well, he did win the "Best version of Rocket Man" poll, even though I didn't vote for him.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN3MGN899yE&eurl=http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35067&highlight=rocket+shatner[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, my G-d. I'm not an Elton John fan, but that was PAINFUL to watch! :eek:

actually, i might be commiting a heresy here, but i dont think chuck norris, a man who is always scruffy and bearded can be saint patron of B&B, alot of people can kick ***, but can they shave cleanly, this is about being a gentlemen, the old captian is, chuck, im not sure,

Obviously, Chuck Norris is a legitimate knighted defender of B&B. He fought Bruce Lee, and died, but he gave a valiant effort. He has a beard that's been around before I was even born. A true man's man. Alright. No need to wax poetic - we know Norris' credentials. But after seeing another Priceline commercial, I can't help think that William Shatner might deserve to be knighted as well. Captain Kirk and Denny Crane, Esq. has come a long way. At 76 years old, maybe the Veteran's Committee could vote him in.

What say ye, O brethren of the brush?

Chuck's obviously "THE MAN", but as a bona fide trekkie I've gotta say throw Bill in there as a second at least!:001_smile

Though Chuck may be a patron saint, we are talking abut knighting Mr. Shatner. Can't there me multiple knights? Weren't there multiple knights of the round table? Doesn't the Queen of England knight special people every now and again?

People seem to call Chuck the "patron saint of B&B," but we aren't talking about making Mr. Shatner a saint, just a knight.

It seems like we can come to a compromise.

BTW, I know Chuck is a bad***, but how did he become the patron saint of B&B with a beard? Does he shave somewhere else? If so, how do we know for sure? Does he go commando-- in a kilt? :blushing: Does he use a safety razor or a cut throat?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Chuck, he's tough and cool. I don't mean to be irreligious to our patron saint. I'm just saying....

Of course I must vote for Captain Kirk!(although Denny Crane is basically Kirk w/o the prime directive; now he just beds the ladies 'cuz he can-not to save the crew or the ship.)

Marty

I used to think William Shatner was a big ham and nothing more. I still think he is a big ham, but now as I reflect upon the mans lifetime body of work I realize that he is the Priceline Negotiator for good reason. I say he gets in.

Though Chuck may be a patron saint, we are talking abut knighting Mr. Shatner. Can't there me multiple knights? Weren't there multiple knights of the round table? Doesn't the Queen of England knight special people every now and again?

I agree. There should be multiple knights of the round table (but no more than 12).

Shatner is always clean shaven, is clearly a man's man, and who can forget Kirk's line when he was trying to pick up the whale lady in Star Trek IV: "They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all".

I know who he is, but I'm the lone guy who voted "Who is William Shatner?" I know he was Capt. Kirk, I know he's the Priceline guy, I watched the Rocket Man video, but...other than that, I'm clueless and like it.

Maybe I've just led a sheltered life? :rolleyes:

Shatner is a Canadian. The Queen doesn't knight Americans. Tough luck, Chuck.

I say send Bill to London ala Conrad Black, and send Chuck a BnB Sampler Kit and Clear Acrylic Brush.

Shatner is the man! I really admired that guy. Here he got typed casted in Star Trek and has, with good humor, hung in there. I have seen him promote paintball for one thing and he is a prince in person. God bless him he does it with class and humor. :wink:

Richard

Top Bottom