What's new

Field Notes Wrapped In Wood?

I love the look of these. So are they better with fountain pens than other field notes? That was the only reason I went with the Clairfontaine personal notebooks. I am building a wooden, desk pen and notebook holder similar to "The Groove" on Etsy next week. These personal notebooks would look awesome with it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1722908...&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_view_type=gallery
Are the Clairfontaine notebooks the same size (3.5"x5.5") as the Field Notes notebooks? What is the weight of the paper in the Clairfontaine notebook? The Shelterwood uses 70# paper.

I recently got one free with a leather cover order. The veneer is real wood.

View attachment 469295

Got mine today; Thanks for the tip!

$20140801_085615.jpg

Are the Clairfontaine notebooks the same size (3.5"x5.5") as the Field Notes notebooks? What is the weight of the paper in the Clairfontaine notebook? The Shelterwood uses 70# paper.
I think the Clairfontaine notebooks are a little more than twice as thick. Despite the appearances of my photos, the books are identical in footprint size. The CF notebook has 48 sheets and 96 pages, the Field Notes has 24 sheets and 48 pages.
$IMG_20140801_161614.jpg
$IMG_20140801_161628.jpg
My experience with the Field Notes paper and fountain pens has been very positive, in fact, I think Field Notes are even better than CF for pocket notes because the ink will dry a little faster and this is what I want for daily notes. CF is still the best paper for writing with a FP in general.

Last edited:
I think the Clairfontaine notebooks are a little more than twice as thick. Despite the appearances of my photos, the books are identical in footprint size. The CF notebook has 48 sheets and 96 pages, the Field Notes has 24 sheets and 48 pages.
View attachment 479140
View attachment 479141
My experience with the Field Notes paper and fountain pens has been very positive, in fact, I think Field Notes are even better than CF for pocket notes because the ink will dry a little faster and this is what I want for daily notes. CF is still the best paper for writing with a FP in general.
Thanks. [emoji106]

Top Bottom