What's new

Fellow Gentlemen I Need Your Help!

I'd keep my eyes peeled for a teenager with a couple of fresh nicks and cuts.

Seriously though, I'd make friends with my neighbors, and ask them to collect any packages of yours that they may see in the future.

I'd keep my eyes peeled for a teenager with a couple of fresh nicks and cuts.

+1 on that :lol:

Seriously though, I'd make friends with my neighbors, and ask them to collect any packages of yours that they may see in the future.

Well, I would do that, but I don't live in the best part of the Quad Cities, although my little area is right behind the courthouse, sheriff's station, and city police station, so right where I live is actually pretty quiet. But we are kind of secluded back here. There nearest neighbors other than the fellow tenants though, I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit after chugging a bottle of syrup. So I'm glad they let me have my packages held at the post office since it's not too far away. Luckily around here all of the antique shops and pawn shops have to report everything they've bought off of people every day to the police, so chances of finding my razor are better than being totally clueless and resorting to questioning my neighbors like I was doing.

DUN DUN DUNNNN!! The plot thickens

I found out today that one of the tenants that got evicted last January (who also happens to owe the land lady a lot of money and has a long rap sheet apparently) was spotted in our mail area last week around when my packages got stolen. He had somehow gotten into someone's mailbox and was rifling through the guys mail when he walked in. I guess he was looking for some kind of social security check or something. I guess he skipped town when he got evicted and the land lady was going after him for money he owed and he's recently made his way back in town. So I got to talk to an officer and had him update my police report I had filed, as soon as he went to leave I heard his partner say the old tenant's name and say that makes a lot of sense, so I'm guessing this guy knows him.

Wow, sorry about that razor, sounds like you have had some generous forum members offer to help. Sucks about your mail area, that's just not cool. I get a LOT of stuff by UPS/USPS, it would be tough to have no confidence in receiving it. Aside form a serious upgrade to your mail area (keyed boxes, where the carrier can leave a key to a package box), I'd say having the PO hold it is the best idea.

Top Bottom