What's new

Feather AC SS Adventure

SHAVE#17
KAI-NON-FOLDING
FEATHER PRO(7)

My typical 3 passes execept I played more with the angles today. It didn't seem to matter as the shave felt the same closeness as usual,maybe a LITTLE closer on the lip and chin.I'll mget there eventually.Its nice now in the fact that I have the confidence to know I won't seriously cut myself. I can experiment more and the fear facor is gone.Now I just have to figure out how to get a little closer shave like I can get with the cobra.My new Feather AC DX is in the States from Canada(italian barber)-I'm pumped for that.By the way,Joe included expedited shipping at no charge which I thought was really nice of him---just a professional and super vendor to deal with

SHAVE#18
kAI-NON-FOLDING
KAI MILD(1)

I changed the blade out to a Kai mild even though the feather was still sharp enough for more shaves.At this point in the learning curve,I want a sharper blade to keep everything consistent.Tonights shave was definitely the closest shave I've had with this razor although I did have 2 minor weepers and a little irritation which has been missing for a few shaves.I think it is probably because of the new blade.I am going to take a day off from shaving tomorrow(if I can because I am SOOOO enjoying this) and my Feather DX should be here on Saturday

Last edited:
SHAVE#18
kAI-NON-FOLDING
KAI MILD(1)

I changed the blade out to a Kai mild even though the feather was still sharp enough for more shaves.At this point in the learning curve,I want a sharper blade to keep everything consistent.Tonights shave was definitely the closest shave I've had with this razor although I did have 2 minor weepers and a little irritation which has been missing for a few shaves.I think it is probably because of the new blade.I am going to take a day off from shaving tomorrow(if I can because I am SOOOO enjoying this) and my Feather DX should be here on Saturday

Well done Barry! Same here about it being too fun to take a day off, which might do me good but....

SHAVE#19
FEATHER-NON-FOLDING DX
KAI MILD(1)

My feather Dx showed up today and I loaded it up with a Kai mild blade.From the first time it hit my face,I could tell something was different.A heavier razor than either the Kai captain or the folding Feather SS it just felt like it belonged in my hands.The first WTG pass just glided across my lather like butter.The second pass I went XTG on my face and neckand had the same feeling.After this pass I was going to re-lather and go ATG but I felt my face and neck and realized I was done.Touched up my lip and chin and was finished----AMAZING----This razor did in 2 passes what the other 2 didn't do in 3 passes.I'm a happy camper

SHAVE#20
FEATHER-NON-FOLDING DX
KAI-MILD(2)

I only had to do a 2 pass shave for my cheeks and neck.Very close and smooth with 1 WTG and 1 XTG.I didn't need ATG pass at all. The 1st pass WTG on lip and chin went good with good skin stretching.When I went XTG on the chin and lip I tore my face up.For now I will stick to WTG for all passes on chin and lip.I think I am trying to rush there.

Nice! I see a Kamisori razor in your future. :001_smile

I have a Japanese RG and a folding DX. I prefer the folding DX - the weight and balance are superb. I managed to whack myself with the RG a couple of times but generally it gives a good shave. I have been using the RG for touch-up after I've dried my straight (or Kamisori). Kind of an expensive shavette - but it is quite handy for cleaning up any missed patches.

Recently, I have been trying a Kamisori - one of the older ones. It is probably as close to a Feather in sharpness that I've found. I did have a cut with one when I brought it to my face. I usually put it on flat (as was recommended) but didn't once and paid a small price for it. The little suckers are deceiving in their sharpness.

I think a traditional straight is very relaxing and comforting. It gives a better shave and I get less weepers with it than I did my DEs. But it took a while to get good at it. Looking through the thread, it seems even minimal practice has started producing great shaves for the OP. I started out much more tentatively - took 20 or 30 shaves to get relatively good shaves with it and many times that to be efficient. BBS shaves are almost normal now. Blood loss has been less than with DEs - by far. After I was using traditional straights for a while, I tried the Feather system and found it was quite good. I had no problems with it - though I was quite worried when I first used it due to all the hype about it being a blood machine. I'm with the opinion that you should start with the traditional way to hold the razor and modify it as needed for your face. I'm using a fairly traditional approach with all the razors (including the 'traditional way' of holding the Kamisori) but I don't obsess on it - use what works.

Last edited:
SHAVE#21
FEATHER-DX
KAI-MILD(3)

I shaved yesterday with the cobra classic,got a BBS and tonite I really didn't have much whiskers to shave.I did a 2 pass(WTG-XTG) effortless shave.I am getting better with my lip (alot better) but minimal progress on my chin.Tonites shave was bloodless and irritation free.I will consider myself good when I can match the shaves from the cobra classic with the Kai and Feather and I am a long way from that

Top Bottom