What's new

Favorite "MUST TRY" Creams

made an entry on this thread over 2 years ago and I now wish to revise my choices: 1)Castle Forbes Lime(or Lavender) 2) The Italian XPEC Unscented cream, 3)T&H Rose and 4) the almost impossible to find now Coates Rose,Almond or Lavender creams(in a small tube)

Craig

I always think of these things as categories, not specific creams and soaps, especially with so many good products, with such variety. I've listed some examples for each category (and yes, I know they overlap). The ones in bold are my faves.
1. Classic Italian (proasso, cella, razorock musgo real (I know MR is Portugal but close enough);
2. Classic UK (TOBS, CF, Trumpers DR Harris; Truefitt and Hill
3. High End/Fancy (AOS, Czech & Speake (many of the UK products also fit); MDC
4. Low End: Palmolive, ARKO, Cremo
5. Artisan. Mikes, Barrister and Man (my current fave) LA Shaves
6. Undefinable but wonderful: MWF, Spiek,
Granted, some fall under more than one category.

Last edited:
made an entry on this thread over 2 years ago and I now wish to revise my choices: 1)Castle Forbes Lime(or Lavender) 2) The Italian XPEC Unscented cream, 3)T&H Rose and 4) the almost impossible to find now Coates Rose,Almond or Lavender creams(in a small tube)

Craig

Craig, a member, btafan, is selling the Coates creams in small tubes in all 6 fragrances. Check it out - he is a great member to buy from and the creams are superb.

Craig, a member, btafan, is selling the Coates creams in small tubes in all 6 fragrances. Check it out - he is a great member to buy from and the creams are superb.

Thanks slr31. I have already done business with btafan a couple mos. back and scored many of those little Coates tubes. They are terrific and yes, indeed,btafan is a great guy to deal with. A++.

Craig

I like all of my creams as well. Anything from TOBS is going have great lather and a little bit goes a long way. AoS, while pricey, is a great cream and a little bit goes a long way here as well. C.O. Bigelow is great bang for the buck.

There's another thread regarding a small outfit called Taconic. Several folks on there didn't seem to be too fond of it, but I really like their Tequila Lime. It's a bit on the harder side and it's a pain to load on your brush because the tub is pretty small, but it lathers great and provides a great cushion.

Thus far,

GFT- Coconut Oil (This is my, if I only had one cream to use cream) An absolute must try.
TOBS- I like the sandalwood, decent scent and great performance.
C.O Bigelow- Great performance and can't beat the price
SMN -
T&H -West Indian Limes

Kiss My Face moisture shave cream. 11oz for only $7. Health food section in Kroger. I have very coarse beard and have to shave up, down & sideways. This stuff gives the closest most soothing shave I've ever had. I tend to splurge on shave products if I find something good. Tried all the expensive ones and keep coming back to this. Great pump container where you don't even have to open. Only drawback is that it's not the most masculine container sitting in your cabinet.

Haven't been using creams as much lately, but I'd go with:

- T&H Ultimate Comfort
- Castle Forbes Lavender
- XPEC
- TOBS Mr. Taylor
- Penhaligon's Endymion
- Floris No. 89
- I Coloniali Rhubarb
- Proraso Green / Proraso Blue
- GFT Sandalwood
- Musgo Real Spiced Citrus

Ben

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated

that's a soap actually. :001_unsur

I'm throwing in Proraso Vitamin E and Aloe (the blue one) as my new, recent memory favourite. I always gave the top spots to NB, GFT Coconut and CF, but am changing my list a bit for now.

Of the Creams I 3017'd in 2013 and start of 2014, including the following: AOS Lemon, QCS, GFT Coconut, Pens, NB Signature and Panna.

Proraso Blue does everything those other creams do at a fraction of the price, no jumping through hoops to get it and is readily available in a fancy metal tube (my new choice for creams as well).

This is my new #1 cream. I still have to revisit my tub of CF Lavender to see where that ones falls into place, but as of now Proraso Blue is tops.

Top Bottom