What's new

Favorite Handle Shapes

I like so many types but these have my love about shapes. However I have not restored them yet. By the way Rooneys Heritage line brushes are so good looking(Victorian, Beehive and Emillion) with also Simpsons Tulip and Rooney type 3. The look on 3 band silvertip for butterscotches is good to me but I am open for 2 band knot. For white handles I think 2 band silvertip will be perfect.

I see you got got the brush I wanted... The tall one on the right. My offer still stands, if you want/need to sell it let me know...

proxy.php

Outta all the brushes so far, for some reason I like my eshan colonel x2l the best. The nice taper in the handle makes it a piece of cake to whip up a nice lather

Extremely hard to narrow down any as I can't really think of a brush I don't like!

To look at and hold: Semogue LE 10, Simpson Milk Churn 2, Rooney Emillion, Simpson Tulip
To look at: Rooney Beehive
Really intrigued by and fueling SBAD: Rooney Beehive, Any barrel shaped brush that pops up

One thing I don't like, is a shape that forces one to grip the handle close to the knot. I know some advocate that as the proper way to hold a brush, but I don't like sticking my fingers in the lather - means i have to take the extra step of washing it off my fingers, which is awkward if the water is as hot as I like it to be.

I had a Vie Long that was that kind of shape. When it got slick, if I applied pressure, my fingers would slip past the ridge on the handle & into the lather:frown2:.

Top Bottom