What's new

Favorite Desserts?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The Texas slow smoked brisket with a simple rub and any sauce left on the side (or at the old Kreuz, now Smitty's, not available at all) is a truly wonderful experience. The barbecue from other areas, often sauced and often pork, is wonderful but just not right to this Texan. Also, every barbecue loving Texan has a knife on them for eating barbecue, often served on butcher paper.
Black’s BBQ in Lockhart is my favorite.

martym

I could go for some big red or shiner bock. Haven’t tried the topo Chico though
I used to ship my oldest 2 cases of Big Red a month when she was in boarding school in New Hampshire. She would sell them for $5 a can.
She would also sell Takis chips in the purple bag.

martym

My wife says my mother’s chocolate pecan pie is incredible.
I will take her word for it.
I am allergic to nuts.

I used to ship my oldest 2 cases of Big Red a month when she was in boarding school in New Hampshire. She would sell them for $5 a can.
She would also sell Takis chips in the purple bag.
Crazy to think that people would pay that much for a 12oz can of soda. But people do especially if it’s not readily available or limited access (think concerts, festivals etc)
My wife says my mother’s chocolate pecan pie is incredible.
I will take her word for it.
I am allergic to nuts.
Sounds similar to the derby pie I mentioned earlier. Just using pecans instead of walnuts. Sucks about the nut allergy

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Pecan pralines today. Sorry trick or treaters, none for you.

E0F8E1E8-D5AA-40F6-8512-A0E297C50651.jpeg

Mom’s chocolate chip cookies were/are the best! Baking in style!!

As a kid I had a huge craving for a Boston cream pie cake. That’s some serious dessert,
Thanks grandma!!

Pecan pie on thanksgiving was killer

Last edited:
My wife makes a killer mile high apple pecan cinnamon pie....since I am a diabetic I can only smell it and have a taste..
BFX
Oh..
I do cut the pie with one of thiers issard sr or occasionally with the R41...

I had the best sweet potato pie at a work potluck luncheon once. No idea who brought it nor do I have the recipe. I've been chasing the experience for over 20 years now. I order sweet potato pie whenever I see it on the menu at a new restaurant. I've been disappointed more times than not, and I have NEVER had a slice as good as that one.

Top Bottom