What's new

FaTip blades

Does anyone else on this forum has ever used the Fatip blades? Seems like they're very unknown since I couldn't find much information about this blade online. They come in a pack with 10 blades, they're around 31 euro for 100 blades. I loaded one in my new Fatip Closed Comb and man, it has the sharpness of the Feather and the smoothness of the Astra SP. I got a BBS after two passes, no razor burns or nicks. IMHO this is a great blade. I will go through the whole pack and I'll write a review here.

1702336093939.png

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Does anyone else on this forum has ever used the Fatip blades? Seems like they're very unknown since I couldn't find much information about this blade online. They come in a pack with 10 blades, they're around 31 euro for 100 blades. I loaded one in my new Fatip Closed Comb and man, it has the sharpness of the Feather and the smoothness of the Astra SP. I got a BBS after two passes, no razor burns or nicks. IMHO this is a great blade. I will go through the whole pack and I'll write a review here.

View attachment 1762628

Made in the EU, yo Fatip, me grande, shall I order 100 of you? Stainless and well tempered, oh how nice. You say sharp as a Feather, smooth like a Persharp, it may earn an award for that. But alas, I just wait for your review, to insure they are good.

I saw your review for the Geisha blades, and all I could think of was, some fancy lady who drinks fancy Geisha coffee, completed her evening routine, with some hair removal, powered by Geisha.

So, it will be interesting to see how these Fatip blades do. Most hopeful they will be better then My-Blades, which are probably better suited to be paint scrapers.

Just hear those Fatip blades go ting tingling too, how about a lovely shave with them for you.

Made in the EU, yo Fatip, me grande, shall I order 100 of you? Stainless and well tempered, oh how nice. You say sharp as a Feather, smooth like a Persharp, it may earn an award for that. But alas, I just wait for your review, to insure they are good.

I saw your review for the Geisha blades, and all I could think of was, some fancy lady who drinks fancy Geisha coffee, completed her evening routine, with some hair removal, powered by Geisha.

So, it will be interesting to see how these Fatip blades do. Most hopeful they will be better then My-Blades, which are probably better suited to be paint scrapers.

Just hear those Fatip blades go ting tingling too, how about a lovely shave with them for you.
Those Geisha blades are pretty good. My-blades... meh we should ban that word on this forum.

I already posted in another thread, but after some thinking I have more to add. These are made in one of the two remaining German blade factories. It's not the Edgewell plant that makes Wilkinson Sword and now Personna. It's the other one that I don't know the actual name of that makes Dovo and Timor, the "Ice Tempered" is a selling point for the Timors too. The price is right in line with blades from that factory and that's the simple explanation why they cost what they do. Italian Barber has had Timors 200/$75 for years now. I have the Dovo branded blades and they are in cue to be tested, the Fatip ones are already familiar to me.

As an aside, there was a third blade factory and we still don't have clarification if DE blades are coming out of it. Harry's bought it and it seems likely that it doesn't produce DE blades, but we don't know for sure. Also, the whole Italian razor/blade thing is kind of an interesting journey; Bolzano was originally made in Italy and was moved to this plant mentioned above and now has been moved to Egypt. This is why I don't believe they are producing DE blades anymore, no reason for the move. It seems like Fatip must have sensed some unhappiness in the Italian market and decided to find a solution and slap their name on it.

Fatip related questions should always be directed to the Fatip Ambassador @Raven Koenes :001_smile . I know he has used these blades and was quite pleased with them - but there are other quality well blades in his opinion. At least that’s what I recall of his reviews.

Guido

Top Bottom