What's new

FATBOY shavers

I've also a very sensitive neck and it has been such my whole life. I've used Persona Red (Israeli), Wizamet, and Permasharp. My favorite to date are the Wizamet and Permasharp viing for first position then Persona. You can't get the Israeli made any longer. Like others I found the Feather harsh and flat no. Of course YMMV and blade selection is highly subjective. Gratefully they're inexpensive enough to try many and have the rest as backup if you evern run out and need something in a pinch, or to pif when your turn a friend onto the merits of wet shaving.

***I'm not associated with nor do I gain anything from the above links, just used to show packaging if you're not familiar with these particular blades. I've purchased from TRC a couple of times now and have been pleased with my kit. Of coures, use whatever purveyor of fine shaving goods floats your boat!***

I've yet to get a bbs shave of my lower neck without various of levels of sting when using an alum block. Can shave my head and cheeks with near zero to zero sting. I also spend a considerable amount of effort in the pre-shave stage getting my neck ready.

I just got PAA's Filament and waiting a couple of more days growth to try a slant/comb for the first time. I got this razor based upon a number of reviews that it works well for sensitive areas. Will be posting my thoughts/review after a couple of shaves.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
I've also a very sensitive neck and it has been such my whole life. I've used Persona Red (Israeli), Wizamet, and Permasharp. My favorite to date are the Wizamet and Permasharp viing for first position then Persona. You can't get the Israeli made any longer. Like others I found the Feather harsh and flat no. Of course YMMV and blade selection is highly subjective. Gratefully they're inexpensive enough to try many and have the rest as backup if you evern run out and need something in a pinch, or to pif when your turn a friend onto the merits of wet shaving.

***I'm not associated with nor do I gain anything from the above links, just used to show packaging if you're not familiar with these particular blades. I've purchased from TRC a couple of times now and have been pleased with my kit. Of coures, use whatever purveyor of fine shaving goods floats your boat!***

I've yet to get a bbs shave of my lower neck without various of levels of sting when using an alum block. Can shave my head and cheeks with near zero to zero sting. I also spend a considerable amount of effort in the pre-shave stage getting my neck ready.

I just got PAA's Filament and waiting a couple of more days growth to try a slant/comb for the first time. I got this razor based upon a number of reviews that it works well for sensitive areas. Will be posting my thoughts/review after a couple of shaves.

Stay tuned...
I think I will try wizamet. Any particular type.

Get rid of the Feathers. Too sharp and unforgiving. I’ve wet shaved for 50 years and I can’t handle them.

I use Lord blades exclusively. You might try them or Personna Lab Blues which work well for most folks.
You like all the Wilkinson sword or a particular type?

I think I will try wizamet. Any particular type.
@Don_Mino Here's a link to the Wizamet I use, you needn't purchase them from this link of course, I'm just answering your question as which Wizamet: Wizamet - Super Iridium Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades - 100 Blades - https://www.therazorcompany.com/products/wizamet-super-iridium-stainless-double-edge-razor-blades-100-blades

If you get a sample I'd also recommend trying the Perma-Sharp, I found these to really similar and enjoyable. Someone else mentioned Persona Lab Blue, I've used the Blue Platinum, not sure if these are the same or not found them to on par with the Wizamet generally speaking, though I like the Wizamet a touch more.

@Don_Mino Here's a link to the Wizamet I use, you needn't purchase them from this link of course, I'm just answering your question as which Wizamet: Wizamet - Super Iridium Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades - 100 Blades - https://www.therazorcompany.com/products/wizamet-super-iridium-stainless-double-edge-razor-blades-100-blades

If you get a sample I'd also recommend trying the Perma-Sharp, I found these to really similar and enjoyable. Someone else mentioned Persona Lab Blue, I've used the Blue Platinum, not sure if these are the same or not found them to on par with the Wizamet generally speaking, though I like the Wizamet a touch more.
Thanks appreciate the link, I'll try em out

I shave daily, and can comfortably use either a Fatboy, Slim or Super Adjustable on setting 5 or 6 with a Feather blade. However, I don't chase a BBS, especially on the neck, and I dial down to setting 4 or 5 for my second pass, which is usually across the grain. I then do small touch-ups (under the chin, under my bottom lip) and may dial back up to 5 or 6 to get those pesky tough little hairs.

I find I get irritation and alum feedback when I chase that baby-smooth finish some chaps seem to desire, especially on the neck. I've learned that going for close and comfortable beats red, stinging, baby-bottom smooth, and I feel much better for it.

On Feather blades: I really like them, but they're not for everyone. Some find them too harsh, although I personally haven't had that experience. An alternative, and my favourite blade, is Perma-Sharp, which others have mentioned. Sharp and very smooth, they really are one of the best blades out there.

I’ve never really found my ‘59 adjustable that satisfying….I’d used it infrequently and tried a variety of blades but never been truly bowled over….until today that is……
Careful prep and the tallow and lanolin based soap may have helped but I think the yellow 7 O’Clock , sharp edge blade, might be the big difference for me in this razor.
12 hours in and still very smooth indeed. Dealt admirably with my awkward neck zones.
IMG_7007.png

Used settings 5 and 7. Nearly zero feedback on the post shave alum rub.
One of the best shaves I’ve ever had and finally I can see why they are so highly rated.
Everything just clicked…including the adjuster…

Top Bottom