What's new

Exchange Select from Germany

Anyone have any information on the Exchange Select DE blades? They're now made in Germany. Previous threads were from when they were made in Israel or USA. They're going for $1.60 for 10 at the PX.

Anyone have any information on the Exchange Select DE blades? They're now made in Germany. Previous threads were from when they were made in Israel or USA. They're going for $1.60 for 10 at the PX.
Germany and that price is a strong pointer to Personna. Do you have a pic of the tuck?

The packaging looks the same as it has for a long time, just says
Exchange Select DC.jpg
made in Germany now.

Most of us agree that they are Personna blades.... How are the Germany ones ?? I need to get more.... I use The PX blades A Lot....

I'm pretty new to DE shaving, only about a month, so I hesitate to give an opinion. Also, the other blades I've used so far are all from Germany; Van Der Hagen and Gillette Wilkinson Sword. I was wondering if maybe they're all the same, or from the same factory.

I had a close shave with the exchange blade this morning, but I did have a few little spots of blood. I can't really say if it was the blade though as I've been experimenting with a few other things. I bought a new badger brush and Wilkinson Sword soap while I was over in Germany and I can't seem to get the hang of lathering with the badger compared to my old boar brush and Van Der Hagen soap. The lather seems to dry faster on my face so I'm doing something wrong. I also just started using a lathering bowl, for 30 years I've just been face lathering as it was all I ever knew. I've used a couple of different razors with these blades too, Gillette Super Adjustable, Super Speed, and Slim. With the Wilkinson and Van der Hagen I was using the plastic Wilkinson and the adjustable Merkur copy VDH. So there are a lot of variables involved and I'm just starting out so I can't say what part the blades play in the little cuts/knicks etc.

They were a bargain but I remember trying Exchange Select Atra blades back in the 80s - 90s and they were not nearly as good as the Gillette at that time; although they were also a bargain at ten for $2.

I had a close shave with the exchange blade this morning, but I did have a few little spots of blood. I can't really say if it was the blade though as I've been experimenting with a few other things. I bought a new badger brush and Wilkinson Sword soap while I was over in Germany and I can't seem to get the hang of lathering with the badger compared to my old boar brush and Van Der Hagen soap. The lather seems to dry faster on my face so I'm doing something wrong. I also just started using a lathering bowl, for 30 years I've just been face lathering as it was all I ever knew. I've used a couple of different razors with these blades too, Gillette Super Adjustable, Super Speed, and Slim. With the Wilkinson and Van der Hagen I was using the plastic Wilkinson and the adjustable Merkur copy VDH. So there are a lot of variables involved and I'm just starting out so I can't say what part the blades play in the little cuts/knicks etc.

They were a bargain but I remember trying Exchange Select Atra blades back in the 80s - 90s and they were not nearly as good as the Gillette at that time; although they were also a bargain at ten for $2.
Ditch the Wilkinson soap if it’s in a tub not a stick, one of the worst soaps around!

I used to buy these blades when they were made in Israel and still have a supply of them. They were excellent blades. I had been wondering about the newer versions. The small mini-exchange I go to has stopped carrying these DE blades and now all they have are the multi blade cartridges and modern shaving systems. The next time I go to a larger main exchange I will pick a few packs up. Appreciate your insight on them.

I used to buy these blades when they were made in Israel and still have a supply of them. They were excellent blades. I had been wondering about the newer versions. The small mini-exchange I go to has stopped carrying these DE blades and now all they have are the multi blade cartridges and modern shaving systems. The next time I go to a larger main exchange I will pick a few packs up. Appreciate your insight on them.
I actually got them online. They're one of those things you can only order if you have at least a $25 order or something in that range. I was ordering some jeans so I put them in the cart. They had the Van der Hagen soap for a great price too, $1.65 or something like that. Then when I was at Quantico I saw the blades in the MCX for even less, $1.50.

One thing I've noticed is that the blades stick together and sometimes two come out of the dispenser together. I didn't notice that I had put two in my razor until after I shaved.

Top Bottom