What's new

Evil Gillette or "how a relatively respectable professor was fooled by "science""

I saw this video and thought it was going to be very different as well. I think she took Gillette's word on everything, questioned nothing, and basically gave them great promotion which they don't deserve. I think a real reporter should get in there with some real questions. I bet they wouldn't even accept the interview. I would love to see head to head challenges with Fusions, DE razors and straights. I'm sure Gillette wouldn't agree to that.

:001_rolleI would really like to have sat in on the meeting where the guy who decided to add 6 blades, lights, neon colors and vibrators to the razors got promoted.

Gillette says to never use an alcohol aftershave? It sounds like the advertising/propaganda department isn't communicating with the marketing department.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't think anyone was "fooled". The question was simply: is this hysteresis effect (first blade pulls the hair out, so the second blades cuts closer) real or not. The close-up video showed that it was.

I hate to be the devils advocate here but could the pull and cut be exagerated on the video due to there not being any shaving cream? I wouldnt think that they could use shaving cream because they couldnt see the process on the camera?

Maybe with a lather or cream or whatever the cut would be cleaner with less pull?

Well, I don't think anyone was "fooled". The question was simply: is this hysteresis effect (first blade pulls the hair out, so the second blades cuts closer) real or not. The close-up video showed that it was.
I tend to agree. Multiblade razors shave closely in one pass. For most people who can afford cartridges, this might be the best choice. I find them unpleasant and irritating and enjoy my 25 minute DE shave.

It would have been nice if she questioned the need for more than 2-3 blades though and even better if she mentioned that some prefer DE / wetshaving and why.

It would have been nice if she questioned the need for more than 2-3 blades though and even better if she mentioned that some prefer DE / wetshaving and why.

This is exactly the point, she is supposed to be examining the maker's claims. She could have spoke to a traditional barber for another professional view on the subject.

Top Bottom