What's new

Ever Had A Pavlovian Experience?

Attempting to be a good husband and partner in the home, I gathered up some dishes after dinner to help with the clean up. One of the final items that needed a wash was a mixing bowl. It had contained a Caesar salad and thus required some of the blue liquid dish soap to cut the oil.....

As I squirted some soap into the bowl and began to scrub it with the kitchen brush, I fell into a natural swirling motion. Of course, this activated the dish soap in a rather violent way, and I began to see the suds form and rise up the sides of the mixing bowl. I began to evaluate the bubbles in the lather and commented to myself that the water content was too high. I kept swirling the brush and admiring the dish lather as it built and grew. I don't know how long I spent on that bowl, but it was absolutely free of oils and olives after my vigorous activity.

I don't think I achieved any shave-able lather, but it certainly whetted my appetite for my shave a bit earlier than normal. I found myself daydreaming about my next chance to use a proper brush and bowl.

Does anyone else find times when your daily circumstances ignite your desire for a shave?

Last edited:
Top Bottom