What's new

Electric shaver for neck and cheeks?

Does anyone here with a beard use an electric shaver to shave your neck and cheeks? In the market for one, many reviews on shavers but I’m not finding any info for guys who have a beard, only full face shaving. Mainly interested in knowing which type is easiest to use along the hair line of my beard to shave close to the hair line without yanking beard hairs. Braun foil type or those triple head norelco types?

I do not have a beard, but I do have a mustache. I own a Phillips Norelco 9000 Prestige razor which is their flagship rotary head razor. I use it occasionally for quick touch-ups. Personally, I do not find the shaves with it to be either close or comfortable. It is not particularly easy to trim around my mustache, either. I much prefer using either a straight razor or a safety razor (DE or SE) for shaving.

It has been decades since I have used a foil or recipricating shaver. I did not have a mustache at the time. However, the reason I have the Norelco razor is that the other types of heads were no better.

My Braun Series 9 works for trimming around my goatee, even better then a cartridge razor after I had a bit practice. I can make the line very clean and as close as a razor.

Does anyone here with a beard use an electric shaver to shave your neck and cheeks? In the market for one, many reviews on shavers but I’m not finding any info for guys who have a beard, only full face shaving. Mainly interested in knowing which type is easiest to use along the hair line of my beard to shave close to the hair line without yanking beard hairs. Braun foil type or those triple head norelco types?
I have a Braun single foil plug in that works great for my goatee just like Leo K stated.

I've used various models over the years, none with any real satisfaction. I much prefer to wet shave areas that I want hair free. YMMV.

I don't think they are good for a straight line.....a good trimmer is better if you want electric (with no comb....). Shavette or De is better

I used a Dreadnaught shavette from shaving around the edges of my beard for several years. I always got a cleaner line around my cheeks and neck, than I could with a DE. I could also see the edges better, while shaving. I now have o my a mustache, and the shavette works best when trimming the edges of my mustache, but the rest of my face is shaved with a Gillette Slim.

Top Bottom