What's new

Electric razors really are better ...... discuss.

Life is too short to choose shaving implements based on a "carbon footprint". Where was this term 30 years ago?

I honestly think people were less gullible 30 years ago. We wouldn't have put up with bull**** terms like "carbon footprint" being used back then to block rational discussion. And that's precisely what that term is for. A gross oversimplification that means you are forced to accept the alleged truth of the theory even as part of the vocabulary of the subject matter.

My carbon footprint

proxy.php

I honestly think people were less gullible 30 years ago. We wouldn't have put up with bull**** terms like "carbon footprint" being used back then to block rational discussion. And that's precisely what that term is for. A gross oversimplification that means you are forced to accept the alleged truth of the theory even as part of the vocabulary of the subject matter.

I was still an adult 30 years ago, and I don't know if people are getting stupider, or whether we just have far more bull**** to deal with.

In the 80s we were all going to environmental hell due to aerosols and CFCs. Industry, backed by governments becoming reactively poll obsessed, rather than leading (which is now the status quo), went into overdrive, and created CFC free aerosols and refridgerants. That effort and manufacture probably burned a few more holes in the ozone. Meanwhile, there is far from any consensus on this, all the Climate change scientists are still arguing the toss over huge numbers of issues, and being misrepresented and misquoted globally, in the name of spin and poll pushing.

Now govts want to tax industry to 'cap carbon' - which contravenes all the driving imperitives of capitalism, and in reality it's just a money grabbing tax, for which we will end up paying more for power - which we all need, and conserving little bits of it isn't going to help. Not when China is building an new metropolis every week, and here in Australia we're gradually digging up most of the North West, and shipping it over there so they can do it.

I'd like to think every houselhold could make a difference, but collectively human nature is selfish and doesn't give a rats, and won't until we turn on a tap and nothing comes out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom