What's new

Early Schicks Timeline Just after Injectors- ID These Two For me Please

I am a vivid fan of DEs, SEs (injectors included) but occasionally I reach for my two (rather uninteresting) Schicks.
Why?
They are GREAT when doing some outdoor stuff but one still want the retro feel and keep the tidiness. Lightweight and you are not THAT bothered if they take a turn based on the terms of the conditions that you face.
On these outdoor circumstances I care less about "warm lather", "face prep" etc etc.
The shaves along with the scenery of mother nature are great though. Facing east, meeting the morning sun, swirling your gear softly in the ocean or in a lake..

To the topic
Could anyone timeline these Schicks for me please? The Renaldo site and other sites give no clue when these were manufactured. As you can see the small differences of both are seen.
Have a great weekend all!
$IMG_1735.jpg$IMG_1736.jpg$IMG_1737.jpg

Late 70's, early to mid 80's Trac II handles...
Thanks- when were Schick up on the heels with Gillette when they released their Trac II. 1972..?
It´s really odd that nobody really cared to follow up the Schick timeline AFTER the the Injectors. Well- I think- at the least.

Look like Star Trek props to me. Very futuristic.
LOL! Have not thought about that up until now. They sure do!

Thanks- when were Schick up on the heels with Gillette when they released their Trac II. 1972..?
It´s really odd that nobody really cared to follow up the Schick timeline AFTER the the Injectors. Well- I think- at the least.

Yea thereabouts... Schick's great claim to fame was the injector, so when they stopped making the razors, well... Meh!

HEY- they still provide a decent shave:)
Maybe the old guard on B&B could educate us a bit more..? Was it an easy decision choosing between Gillette II Trac and the Schick Super in the early 70´s?
Did I hear Wilkinson..?
Sorry- I got a bit off the track- still curious of course of the timeline of the early cartridge razors. Especially the Schicks.

I never went all gaga for the Trac II. They always seemed to clog up, and were a PITA to unclog. I would however push-pull click-click a Personna 74 into my Schick injector. Wilikies were good but them Personnas... Wow!

I just bought some vintage ammunition. When did Schick introduced the Schick II PLUS..? (Or thereabouts?). I have not opened the packages (I got a total of 40 cartridges). Apparently the "blade swiper" was introduced. A gimmick or does it actually works ok..?
$IMG_1754.jpg$IMG_1755.jpg$IMG_1756.jpg

Last edited:
Could anyone timeline these Schicks for me please?
The wider handle is the original 1972 Super II. The thinner handle is from the 90's. I believe there are 4-5 basic versions and one deluxe version of the Fixed Super II.
A Wilkinson Sword Fixed Profile has also been released as a Schick Super II, as seen below the Super II was released as a Fixed Profile Plus.
The later Schick Super II was released as the Wilkinson Sword Duplo II in Germany.

$DSC_0429.jpg

Last edited:
HEY- they still provide a decent shave:)
Maybe the old guard on B&B could educate us a bit more..? Was it an easy decision choosing between Gillette II Trac and the Schick Super in the early 70´s?
Did I hear Wilkinson..?
Sorry- I got a bit off the track- still curious of course of the timeline of the early cartridge razors. Especially the Schicks.

The Gillette Trac II, Schick Super II and Wilkinson Sword WII/Wilkinson II/Universal II/Profile Mk3 Fixed/System II/Duplo handles and carts are interchangeable,
which considering everyone is adamant Gillette held patents and proprietary technology to dominate the shaving market is truly not true...

Well. I say. Sabre MANY thanks!
Few people care to pay attention to these razors and that include myself UNTIL now. These razors belonged to my dad and I never came round to ask him about them before he passed away.
I had one of them with me when canoeing off sea and I was rather pleased.
Again many thanks

I just bought some vintage ammunition. When did Schick introduced the Schick II PLUS..? (Or thereabouts?). I have not opened the packages (I got a total of 40 cartridges). Apparently the "blade swiper" was introduced. A gimmick or does it actually works ok..?
View attachment 602039View attachment 602040View attachment 602041

By now I have tried on these a few days ago. Three passes with a touch up. Verdict? I honestly can say that the shave last as long as a with a DE. It´s light of weight of course, easy to manoeuvre (think autopilot). The "button that enable anti-clogging" came of no use, which is positive of course. (No clogging whatsoever after rinsing between passes).

The Gillette Trac II, Schick Super II and Wilkinson Sword WII/Wilkinson II/Universal II/Profile Mk3 Fixed/System II/Duplo handles and carts are interchangeable,
which considering everyone is adamant Gillette held patents and proprietary technology to dominate the shaving market is truly not true...

Do you know when the Gillette released their Gillette II? When did Schick follow? I wonder why Gillette never bothered to protected their patent to be honest. From my humble research Schick released their Super II the following year of Gillette`s. 1971..?

When did Schick introduced the Schick II PLUS..?

The timeline is as follows:

1972 Super II
1976 Super II Adjustable
1976 Super II Deluxe
1978 Super II Ultrex/Ultra/Pivot/Super II Plus - Pivoting
1986 Super II Plus Ultrex/Ultra/Pivot - Pivoting

1992 Super II Plus

The latest Japanese version has changed from being the Super II Plus V to Super II Plus X.

Why the Super II Plus was released in 1992, and what's the difference from the original I am not sure. The Super II Ultrex had the push button in 1978.
Later carts where designed to fit both a Fixed and a Pivoting handle.

The Ultrex was Schick's competitor to Gillette's Atra and is essentially a different product until the carts became universal.

Edited There are two different models called Super II Plus - 1978 and 1992 versions. One is a variant of the Ultrex and another a revised Fixed handle with lube strips added to the carts as can seen in the photo above.

Last edited:
Do you know when the Gillette released their Gillette II? When did Schick follow? I wonder why Gillette never bothered to protected their patent to be honest. From my humble research Schick released their Super II the following year of Gillette`s. 1971..?

Gillette II? Do you mean GII? Yes, the Trac II was released in 1971 and Schick followed in 1972. Wilkinson Sword followed in 1978. They had released the earlier T70/Bonded single cart shaving system.

Top Bottom