What's new

E2 FatBoy in rough shape.

I bought a a poor condition SS not long ago right here on B/S/T.The seller was upfront and honest about condition in his communication with me.
US, noobs to wet shaving, trying to build our supplies would appreciate if you out the seller should he choose not to make it right.

If you'd like it replated and you are prepared to send to me in the UK, I'll adjust it mechanically as part of the Replating process (as I do with all razors), I just don't bother stating this as, my view is - why bother replating a razor if it isn't mechanically sound, so I tweak any unevenness, seized adjusters etc during the stripping and polishing stage.

I would very much doubt that it it so far gone to be only fit for spares, but if this were the case, again, if it helps I'd take it off your hands so at least you can put the cash to buying a working Fatboy. As I state though I haven't seen many Fatboys only fit for spares (unless someone has taken one apart and lost parts like the click spring)

So $25 plus postage for a bright nickel replate and adjustment should see it like new.

Alternatively, if it helps, I'd be prepared to buy it from you.

Good luck anyway.

Let me tell you my experience here - I got a super adjustable from a member here and it arrived in a as stated very good condition, except some uneven blade gaps. I googled to find out that this has been a quality control issue with Gillette and decided that the seller did not know about it. So did not contact the seller to ask for a refund. Looking to buy another good copy of super adjustable, within a day I posted another WTB and in that post, I asked any potential seller to check the blade gaps because of the problem that I had (without calling out anything of the first seller). The first seller of the super adjustable happened to read that post within 10 minutes and without asking PMed me promptly and said that he did not know about the gap issue (actually he felt bad) and offered a full refund or 60% discount for me to keep the razor. He even asked me why I didn't write to him first and kept feeling bad about not knowing the issue the razor had. He is a true gentleman, very active in this site and I would love to buy more from him! If we had star ratings, I would give him 10 stars out of 5. Long story short, people in this forum are the best you will see anywhere - so try reaching out first.

If he is ok, I could tell you all who he is :)

Top Bottom