What's new

Dreamed I found a razor at an antique store last night, and went and found it today!

proxy.php

Presented for your approval. _MementoMori_, shaving enthusiast and somnolent seer. An ordinary guy with an extraordinary ability. David dreams of classic razors and they appear, as if by appointment, on the shelves of local dealers in oddments and antiques. A happy happenstance, or is it something more...sinister?

For David, tonight, the dream becomes a nightmare. _MementoMori_ and his midnight mental magic are going to meet a shaving succubus, a demon of the dark that will turn his happy acquisitions into a miasma of misery, a barber's bugaboo with superhuman silage that just won't go away on awakening.

Tonight, _MementoMori_ dreamland of divination becomes a Lilac lancination of the soul as he enters....The Vegetal Zone....

You, sir, are on a streak!

A streak, I tell you!

Tell me you're a writer in real life. If not, you've missed your calling by a mile and a half.

As it happens, I needed a shave tonight. I just found out that the Empire's looks aren't the only thing going for it. What a fantastic shaver! I'm enjoying a rare BBS as I type this.

David:

I also own this very same version of the ABC razor. While I tend to get my best shaves from my SE razors, including the one purchased from you, of the DE razors I own my best shaves come from the ABC Empire and the British NEW.

I wouldn't let go of that one if I were you. These razors are very hard to come by. I found mine by accident at a local, small town antique mall. I will never willingly part with it. I was lucky in that mine came with a nice, purple (velvet?)-lined case of matching pattern. I have seen the Empire case available now and then online.

Welcome to the ABC club! We custodians of these razors are among "the happy few".

Regards,

David

Last edited:
David:

I also own this very same version of the ABC razor. While I tend to get my best shaves from my SE razors, including the one purchased from you, of the DE razors I own my best shaves come from the ABC Empire and the British NEW.

I wouldn't let go of that one if I were you. These razors are very hard to come by. I found mine by accident at a local, small town antique mall. I will never willingly part with it. I was lucky in that mine came with a nice, purple (velvet?)-lined case of matching pattern. I have seen the Empire case available now and then online.

Welcome to the ABC club! We custodians of these razors are among "the happy few".

Regards,

David

Oh, trust me... I will never ever get rid of this razor. Imagine how badly I wanted one to even cause myself to have dreams about it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Now I just need to dream about finding the matching case...

It was an absolute raging fluke, to be honest with you. It was really just one of those magical "right time, right place" moments.

Whatever it takes my friend. My best antique store find was a short comb New in really decent condition for $10. Other than that all I seem to find are over priced or in very poor condition. Though with GEM's going for $1 on Ebay I have not been to a brick and mortar in a while.

Alright, now which store was it, I thought that I had them all cleaned out but it's been over a month since i've been to one and I go to every little mom and pop store and all of the malls.:mad3:

Show off! No wonders I only find odds and ends, you have ALL of the good stuff in town locked down already :lol:

I'm now the proud owner of an American Button Company razor. I found a silver Empire without the case for $15. Arrow straight teeth, no cracks, and no brassing. It's bizarre that I dreamed about it last night, I think. I also dreamed I found a Darwin DE with an 18" long handle and an open comb like a garden rake. I didn't see one of those at the antique mall, though.

I want to see what the case looks like.

i too have paranormal abilities, it runs in the family. my little nieces freak out because when they have dreams they think everything will come true, including death of loved ones. i have to keep telling them that the dreams dont always come true. i had a dream bout 911 for 8 months til it come true, imagine what i feel all the time. oh well thats paranormal for you, guess im a freak.:blushing::bored::blush:

Your not the only one... I sometimes have dreams most often just days before it happens but I can almost always feel that the dream is of some future event. However I seldom if ever remember what the dream was about until just moments before the even happens. :blink: Then it all comes back in a flash.

Dang it, we were down in St. Louis last weekend, and I wanted to head over to Cherokee street and peruse the antique shops there. Oh well, I had already bought a Gem and a Valet at the Pink Elephant on 55.... half tempted to return for the Kriss Kross stropper I saw there, but so many other shops to browse in the area! Congrats on the great find!

Oh, trust me... I will never ever get rid of this razor. Imagine how badly I wanted one to even cause myself to have dreams about it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Now I just need to dream about finding the matching case...

Don't worry, my friend, you will find that case some day.

It is very odd, but there appears to be a commonality with regards to finding these particular razors. It is as though nobody really plans on just going out and about with the goal of acquiring one of them at the local junk store. Because, it seems, if you set out with that goal in mind you will never find one.

It just happens.

Mine came from Chouteau, Oklahoma. Little more than a wide spot in the road on U.S. Hwy 169 in the middle of the Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory.

It is as though we who own them just happen show up someplace and it is there. Sort of like it was just meant to be. I even waited a month from the first time I saw my ABC Empire until I finally purchased it because I did not even realize how unique and valuable it was. I can never understand why nobody purchased it first from that high traffic antique mall.

Like it was there for you and you alone.

Kind of freaky, if you know what I mean.

Regards,

David

Last edited:
I dream the day before the katrina
people say in my dream " water ,too many water" claim
THE DAY BEFORE MEXICO CITY EARTHQUAKE I LEFT THE CITY WITHOUT ANY IDEA IN MIND

Last edited:
Top Bottom