What's new

Do you use straights all the time?

Legion

Staff member
I do most of the time. More than that, lately I have been only using one straight razor. Weird, I know.

I do have a DE in the bathroom, which I can reach for the super rush, doh, i'm running heaps late, and have no choice days. But they are pretty rare. Most often I shave at night and get the job done right.

Straights since june 2012, only have time to shave about 3 or 4 times a week and prefer to not shave rather than use a DE.
I think I used a DE once since June when I really HAD to shave but really didn't have the time to go the whole hog (and SWMBO was waiting).
Down to about 10 minutes prep and shave for a decent 2 pass SAS. Rarely bother going for a third pass, two WTG (with an XTG on the neck) and I'm good enough to go.

I use straights for my everyday shaving. I have a seven day set and i use different one each day. The only thing i use that is not straight is my Feather AC SS which is included occationaly in my rotation and always on my travel.

I shave with straights most of the time since two years back. I have shaved every now and again with other implements but since I have now tried all the major types of safty razors and none have equalled the fun of straight razor shaving, I am devoting 2013 entirely to straigths.

I used straights all the time at first, but lately I've been using my Progress almost exlusivily. I have no real answer to why it happened and every time I use a straight I really enjoy it. I have to start using them more again.

I have used a straight razor exclusively ever since the day I first touched one to my face, except once a year on the anniversary of my first straight shave, when I go back to a DE for one shave... It still surprises me every year just how much better I shave with a straight!
It's a good reinforcement that the grass is not greener!

I may pick up a DE about 3 times a year. Other than that, it's straights every day for me. Been that way for almost 3 years. Anything else just feels weird to use.

I have used straights for 3+ years. I will occasionally pick up a de just for the fun of a change but I consider myself a straight shaver.

...Ray

Pretty much all the time when at home. Traveling varies from Mach3 for one night trip, with carry-on bag, to a Feather DX Teak for longer trips (with checked luggage).

almost all the time i use str8s. novelty has not, nor will ever wear off. if i have the time? i use a str8. if i dont? i dont shave.

I use mine all the time for sure. I don't even own anything else anymore so there is no other option. I love it and would not go back.

I use a straight almost all the time, if I don't it's because I'm in a hurry to get to work or to a meeting so I'll use an injector and some barbasol in the can. I did use my Merkur adjustable last week, I forgot what it felt like using it. When I travel I take a straight set up and a khaki set DE just in case I have to rush out of the hotel and get to my meeting.

Until this morning I would have said yes, but I just recently purchased a RazoRock Little Bastone open comb razor and used it this morning. I paired it with an astra sp blade and had one of the best shaves of my life. I also purchased a Fatip Grande so I will have to see how that does as well. Don't get me wrong I enjoy honing and shaving with a straight too much to ever go more than a few days without picking up a straight, but this mornings shave surprised me to say the least.

Until this morning I would have said yes, but I just recently purchased a RazoRock Little Bastone open comb razor and used it this morning. I paired it with an astra sp blade and had one of the best shaves of my life. I also purchased a Fatip Grande so I will have to see how that does as well. Don't get me wrong I enjoy honing and shaving with a straight too much to ever go more than a few days without picking up a straight, but this mornings shave surprised me to say the least.

This is a little bit of an older thread, but since I am currently waiting my SS to arrive, and my experience has been with a DE, I would like to ask a follow-up question for those who use a str8 every day (or almost every day):

Do you always do the 3x passes (WTG, XTG, ATG)? Or do you guys find it OK with just a WTG and XTG passes?

Just curious to find out what you guys do, since when I watch youtube videos often I see just two passes with a str8 razor.

Will

Top Bottom