What's new

DIY Cade Splash

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, L'Occitane makes a great shaving soap. Cade has lots of cushion, quite slick, with a great Juniper scent with base notes of wood that is fantastic for spring and summer. It has been on the top 10 lists of many shavers here for a while now.

Unfortunately, L'Occitane committed shaving heresy when they discontinued the aftershave that accompanied this fine shaving product! There is a Cade EDT, but for some strange reason, it does not include and juniper oil in it at all, so it does not have that fresh Cade scent at all. It is a solid EDT scent on it's own, understated and woody, but just not what we are looking for.

So I found this outrage just too much to bear so I concocted a brew that I am quite happy with. I may still tweak report back with different measurements, but the ingredients are as follows:

60 pumps of Cade EDT as base note
2 oz Thayers Aftershave (has no scent)
20 drops 100% pure Juniper Oil (undiluted)

I had previously mentholated the Thayers, but find the cooling goes well with the scent. The juniper comes on strong on application.. to be honest the smell is a bit like sticking your face in a juniper bush! It dries down to the traditional softer Cade scent. It fades quickly, a good one for those office workdays.

All the best, JM

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, L'Occitane makes a great shaving soap. Cade has lots of cushion, quite slick, with a great Juniper scent with base notes of wood that is fantastic for spring and summer. It has been on the top 10 lists of many shavers here for a while now.

Unfortunately, L'Occitane committed shaving heresy when they discontinued the aftershave that accompanied this fine shaving product! There is a Cade EDT, but for some strange reason, it does not include and juniper oil in it at all, so it does not have that fresh Cade scent at all. It is a solid EDT scent on it's own, understated and woody, but just not what we are looking for.

So I found this outrage just too much to bear so I concocted a brew that I am quite happy with. I may still tweak report back with different measurements, but the ingredients are as follows:

60 pumps of Cade EDT as base note
2 oz Thayers Aftershave (has no scent)
20 drops 100% pure Juniper Oil (undiluted)

I had previously mentholated the Thayers, but find the cooling goes well with the scent. The juniper comes on strong on application.. to be honest the smell is a bit like sticking your face in a juniper bush! It dries down to the traditional softer Cade scent. It fades quickly, a good one for those office workdays.

All the best, JM
Any refinements in the interim? Have you tried the newer Cade ASB? Is it similar?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I was hoping this old resurrected thread would get a bit more traction as I think L'Occitane Cade shave soap is highly under rated and under valued. It's light juniper scent and extremely long lasting tripled milled soap is one of the best hard soaps and values to be had. It should be an international crime, discontinuing their as wonderfully awesome, Cade aftershave splash.

Top Bottom