What's new

FT Discontinued for Discontinued - Soaps & Blades

I am just looking to trade some of my discontinued-rare soaps and/or blades for some hard to find soaps. The Wilky, Palmolive, and Valobra are well-known and hard to find. The La Toja stick is the older ”mineral salts” version instead of the new formula with table salt.
The Wilkinson “Light Brigade” blades are legends and perform like it. The Polsilver are from the Poland production years. The Gillette and Schick are great performing classic-era stainless blades. I will check my stash but I am almost certain that I have multiples of everything shown.

I am looking for some vintage soaps: SIR Irisch Moos, tallow La Toja sticks, La Toja Manantiales, and Old Spice refills.
F24C87FC-E017-4BF7-92EA-1FA90F23ACE3.jpeg

Just to be clear, I am not offering all of the items in the photo for one soap. I just put up some items that folks may want to trade, we can negotiate a equal value trade that makes us both happy. I also have many other discontinued/vintage soaps and blades that someone may want to trade.
I have done a number of deals here and have a 100% positive 1,400+ trade history on the ‘bay.

Jim

I don't believe that I have ever won/received a PIF, so they are not from that. They are excellent blades.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
@Grundi are those the same Schick blades from last year's PIF. That was an EXCELLENT blade!

I don't believe that I have ever won/received a PIF, so they are not from that. They are excellent blades.
What he is asking is if these are the same blades that were supplied for a participation blade challenge a while back. Not if this pack actually came from that.

I think they are quite similar. I have a bunch of these same tucks and they compared similarly to the challenge blades.

What he is asking is if these are the same blades that were supplied for a participation blade challenge a while back. Not if this pack actually came from that.

I think they are quite similar. I have a bunch of these same tucks and they compared similarly to the challenge blades.
@Zora , @BradWorld , correct. I was just wondering if they were the same blade, not necessarily from the PIF. I'm just saying that those Schick blades were excellent so if anybody is interested in doing a trade with @Zora for these, I would wholeheartedly recommend them!

@Zora , @BradWorld , correct. I was just wondering if they were the same blade, not necessarily from the PIF. I'm just saying that those Schick blades were excellent so if anybody is interested in doing a trade with @Zora for these, I would wholeheartedly recommend them!
Those Schick blades were fantastic: smooth with a keen cutting edge and excellent longevity. Having said that, I think the Wilkinson Sword blades that Zora is offering are even better. In fact, I consider the Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades among the best blades ever made. 🙂

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
the Wilkinson Sword blades that Zora is offering are even better. In fact, I consider the Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades among the best blades ever made.
I concur 100%. With the exception of the Personna 74 which I think is “the” best blade ever. I am searching hard for something worthy of trading for those light brigades. I would love to have them. But I don’t know that I have anything worthy of taking for those.

Just my opinion, but I have and have used the P74's and they are very good blades - but they are not my top blade. If the focus is longevity, then none are better. If the focus is on other things (sharpness, smoothness, etc.), I have found that other vintage blades are actually better. Again, my opinion.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Just my opinion, but I have and have used the P74's and they are very good blades - but they are not my top blade. If the focus is longevity, then none are better. If the focus is on other things (sharpness, smoothness, etc.), I have found that other vintage blades are actually better. Again, my opinion.
Sure, everyone is different. Thats what makes this hobby so exciting. But please do tell us the "other vintage blades" that "are actually better." :)

Anyway @Zora I would love a pack or two of light brigades. Have not a clue what I would have to trade that would be acceptable. Those things are fetching astronomical prices at the moment, which I am not inclined to pay right now.

Sure, everyone is different. Thats what makes this hobby so exciting. But please do tell us the "other vintage blades" that "are actually better." :)

Anyway @Zora I would love a pack or two of light brigades. Have not a clue what I would have to trade that would be acceptable. Those things are fetching astronomical prices at the moment, which I am not inclined to pay right now.
I find that the English-made Wilkinson "Light Brigades/London Bridge (I firmly believe that they are the same, just repackaged for different markets - after using both multiple time) are just a notch below the P74 in longevity, just as sharp, and are smoother. The vintage Polsilver from Poland are exceptional. Gillette Platinum Plus and Platinum (French/English made) "Swedes" might be my favorites. The Schick Plus Platinums are very, very good. I'll try to pull each from my stash and post the pics so people know which ones I am talking about.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I find that the English-made Wilkinson "Light Brigades/London Bridge (I firmly believe that they are the same, just repackaged for different markets - after using both multiple time) are just a notch below the P74 in longevity, just as sharp, and are smoother. The vintage Polsilver from Poland are exceptional. Gillette Platinum Plus and Platinum (French/English made) "Swedes" might be my favorites. The Schick Plus Platinums are very, very good. I'll try to pull each from my stash and post the pics so people know which ones I am talking about.
Very cool. I have a large supply of the vintage London Bridge blades and love them. So I hear you there. Also hundreds of vintage Polsilvers and Wizamets. All great blades. Thanks for the info. Still love my 74’s. 😁

A very astute analysis. I have all of the blades you discuss, and my opinion is aligned with yours. I would add Gillette Platinum Royals, Gillette Aussie Spoilers, and Wilkinson Sword Chromium XCN to the list. The Golden Era of blades continues to glitter.
But as we know, blades are most subjective.

A very astute analysis. I have all of the blades you discuss, and my opinion is aligned with yours. I would add Gillette Platinum Royals, Gillette Aussie Spoilers, and Wilkinson Sword Chromium XCN to the list. The Golden Era of blades continues to glitter.
But as we know, blades are most subjective.
We are in close alignment on blades. I like your additions and have used the GPR and WS XCN's - they are superb blades. I have not tried the Aussie Spoilers, but given me experience with that era English & NA Spoilers I would bet that they perform very well. I don't mind (good) new blades but find that I really would be happy if I only used golden age blades for the rest of my shaving life.

Top Bottom