What's new

Dipping into SE with a Schick injector L type

If I'm covering old ground apologies and please remove. I have a Schick type L1 incoming. Looking at the pictures it may arrive with some ultra blades however after all this time will these be usable? In parallel I have ordered some personna blades as availability and price (UK) seemed reasonable. Am I missing anything? Is there anything I need to be mindful of regarding technique or do I just get in there like a de?

Reactions: Kix
The Personnas are my favorite injector blades, I’ve used a boatload of them over the years. Just be careful injecting a blade that you don’t drag the edge across the blade stops. Also, the L is considered to be somewhat “mild” compared to the earlier models.

The Personnas are my favorite injector blades, I’ve used a boatload of them over the years. Just be careful injecting a blade that you don’t drag the edge across the blade stops. Also, the L is considered to be somewhat “mild” compared to the earlier models.
Many thanks for your input. Mild sounds like a good starting place to dip my toe in however I will take your advice on board regarding the mechanics of injecting the blade. Is it possible to ruin a blade during the process?

Many thanks for your input. Mild sounds like a good starting place to dip my toe in however I will take your advice on board regarding the mechanics of injecting the blade. Is it possible to ruin a blade during the process?
Absolutely. If it comes with a blade already installed it makes it a little easier, but, contrary to what a lot of folks believe, a new one can be injected into an empty razor with a little care.

Thank you for the advice my friend. If anyone else would like to chip in please feel free.

1000005545.jpg

Top Bottom