What's new

Diary (& questions) of a relative newbie

Gillette 7o'clock SS (green) (1st) (182nd blade), Martin de Candre Fougère (63rd shave); Les Bénédictines de Chantelle Lotion Opaline

Changed blades before the Wilkinson started to cause trouble (better said: the guy holding the blade causing trouble). Last blade in that tuck, so in 4-5 weeks time, this rotation of tucks will be empty and I've only got one reserve tuck of Wilkinson blade left. Which is good for yet another month give or take. So no pressure. But I can start to ponder which blades to order next.

Well, let's make a first list.
It's very likely I'll reorder my first-tier-blades. After all, that's what first tier means for me: a product that I'll restock ones I run out.
That means
- Voskhod (I love the design too much)
- Bic and Wilkinson: I love the performance of the blades
- Gillette 7 o'clock SS
- probably some Perma-sharp too.

I'd love to try Nacet and Feather. Nacet is not available from my regular providers. And Feather, I just notice there's not only the yellow tuck but also a grey one. Try both?

Any other suggestions?
I'm not a fan of Gillette 7o'clock SE, Personna Platinum, Astra (SP and SS) and Euromax.
I'm fine with Polsilver, Gillette Platinum and Shark but not tempted to order them again since there are blades I like better.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Feather Hi-Stainless is black when the tuck holds 5 blades and yellow when the tuck holds 10 blades. Or rather, that’s how they’re packed. Please do not place extra blades in the black packet and expect it to turn yellow.

Gillette Nacet are my favorite DE blades. They’re sharp and smooth and there’s a drawing of a crocodile on the cardboard container. I’m emotionally drawn to titanium-coated blades even though the ones I’ve tried; Sharp, Loi, and Bolzano; aren’t particularly sharp.

Top Bottom