What's new

Department Store AS

my girlfriend bought me an armani cologne/AS kit for my birthday. i tried the AS splash yesterday after shaving, but it did practically nothing. i assume its really just the cologne with a higher concent of alcohol. it wasnt soothing at all, my face felt warm and unsettled. had to throw on aqua velva afterwards. is there anything that can be added to this AS to make it worth using ie. menthol crystals?

I think you mean the AS is just watered down cologne.

I wouldn't add anything like menthol to it as that will change the scent. If you must tamper with it, try transferring a small amount to a new, clean splash top perfume bottle. Then take another clean pipette and try adding a few drops of glycerin. Don't add to much or it will make your face sticky. The reason I say transfer a small amount into a separate bottle instead of just adding straight to the AS bottle is because you don't want to ruin the whole thing if you make a mistake.

I've had good luck with pilotvials.com for cologne/perfume bottles and pipettes and such. Another popular store is accessoriesforfragrances.com.

A simpler solution would be to take a good quality unscented face moisturizer or aftershave balm, pour some balm out in your hand. Then add a little bit of your Armani AS to that. Mix it with your fingers then apply to your face.

A simpler solution would be to take a good quality unscented face moisturizer or aftershave balm, pour some balm out in your hand. Then add a little bit of your Armani AS to that. Mix it with your fingers then apply to your face.

This is a good idea.

Top Bottom