What are your nicknames/aliases?

Where do you live?
Tampa, FL

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Professional Student

What is your favorite shave setup?
This is going to get me in trouble...

Gillette cartridge razor and foam-in-a-can. Ok, Ok...this is about to change, hence me signing up on this site. After lurking for a while, I was going to (based on hours of reading) procure a Merkur HD, but I think I am just going to go straight to...well, a straight.

I will probably get the following:

Razor - NO FREAKIN' IDEA (taking suggestions) - I like the Puma brand, since my dad gave me a Puma knife when I was a kid, and it is one of my cherished possessions. I just want something that looks pretty ;-) Oh yeah, it should shave really well too...

Strop - $30 Heirloom Starter/Travel strop from Tony Miller

Hone - DMT 8K Diamond Plate

More blade care - Probably I will my from scratch a 4 sided pasted paddle strop to save some $$.

Products - I am going to Italy to visit my family for Christmas, so I am going to stock up on Proraso and other recommended products.

Brush - Just purchased (on sale) a badger brush at C&E

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED!!! I have been reading a LOT on these boards, and everyone is extremely nice and helpful.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I actually despise shaving. I am hoping this changes with my straight razor endeavor.

I have dabbled in:

Woodworking
Machining
Computer Programming (C, C++, VB, Assembly)
RC hobbies
Rock Climbing
Auto Mechanics
Fine Cooking
Home Coffee Roasting
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
If I find the elusive Proraso Red, I will buy a bunch and offer it on the board at the cost I paid for it (which probably should only be a few bucks a tube if it is even available).

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Welcome!

Good luck with your transition to a straight. Don't worry about the gel and cartridge. Most of us started there or at an electric before making the jump.

David, Welcome to the Hall

btw Puma straights are excellent shavers if you are lucky enough to find one still in good condition,

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hi David,

I'm also a professional student... who took 27 years off to do silly things like... work and raise a family. :wink: I am really enjoying school much better now that then.

Top Bottom