What's new

Dave himself Member Interview

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
@Dave himself
Nice interview, Dave! Hope you can make it to the Grand Canyon at some point. I wanna get to the Blarney Stone myself and take in some green beauty!
Thank you its really strange but Irish people don't seem to go to tourist attractions in their own country. I think I was in my 30s before I saw the Giants Causeway and that only about 2 hours drive from where I live. If you ever get here I would suggest you go to coast of Donegal. And they Glen's of Antrim both are stunning 😍.

Thank you its really strange but Irish people don't seem to go to tourist attractions in their own country. I think I was in my 30s before I saw the Giants Causeway and that only about 2 hours drive from where I live. If you ever get here I would suggest you go to coast of Donegal. And they Glen's of Antrim both are stunning 😍.
I believe the same is true here in the good ole USofA. Been to Yosemite three times...a former colleague of mine, who lives approximately 200 miles away has never been there. I'm a 4 hour plane ride from it.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I believe the same is true here in the good ole USofA. Been to Yosemite three times...a former colleague of mine, who lives approximately 200 miles away has never been there. I'm a 4 hour plane ride from it.
I think people all over the world are the same they don't appreciate what they have on their own door steps. I know we don't over here and I'm one of them 🙄. It's quite sad when you think about it.

Great interview Dave. Spent a summer on my grandmother’s farm in County Kerry after my father died (I was nine) - that was sixty years ago. Wife and I are trying to get a trip together- I have a sister, two nieces, and some grand nieces to catch up with.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Great interview Dave. Spent a summer on my grandmother’s farm in County Kerry after my father died (I was nine) - that was sixty years ago. Wife and I are trying to get a trip together- I have a sister, two nieces, and some grand nieces to catch up with.
I've never been to County Kerry but then again the only place I've been down south is Dublin which I thought was a beautiful city. Once again the people are so friendly. Oh and once again thanks for the kind words and comments gent's.

I've never been to County Kerry but then again the only place I've been down south is Dublin which I thought was a beautiful city. Once again the people are so friendly. Oh and once again thanks for the kind words and comments gent's.
The younger generation in my family seems to have migrated towards Cork, and yeah lovely people.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I really hope you can get over and see your family 👪 that would be brilliant.

I've never been to County Cork either. I can't wait to get my free bus pass then it will be watch out Ireland there's a Dave about 🤣.
I mentioned my Irish roots to a visiting Irish fellow, he said “yeah people from Cork, like people from Kerry, but with shoes”. My old Irish mother would have been livid.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I mentioned my Irish roots to a visiting Irish fellow, he said “yeah people from Cork, like people from Kerry, but with shoes”. My old Irish mother would have been livid.
In Ireland people from Kerry get jokes told about them. The same why Irish people get jokes told about them being thick around the globe 🤣

B&B Interviews - Meet member Dave himself

View attachment 1408624

@Dave himself has been a member of B&B since Jan 23, 2021

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
Every time I did a Internet search B&B always came up in the search with the answer so I started lurking and quickly realised that this place was a very close community with a wealth of information so I just had to join.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
Before illness made me leave work I was a senior Die Cast operator in high pressure aluminium die casting company we made engine blocks and clutch cases for the motor car industry.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I was born in Belfast N.Ireland and grew up through the worst part of the troubles were bombings, shootings and riots were just part of everyday life.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
N.Ireland I've been to the middle of the rainforest in the Amazon and some other places but I could never leave here. IMHO we're the most friendly and inviting people in the world and we're always up for a bit of craic (fun)

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I used to do a lot of martial arts training in different styles until I picked up an nasty injury which meant I couldn't fight or do any heavy sparring which still affects my back badly some days. I also keep large snakes which some days can be fun. But above all I'm a football/ soccer fan, I support Liverpool. One day I hope to take my son to Anfield and stand in the Kopp and sing till our voices give out 😆

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?
I chose Deadpool because to me its one of the funniest films I've ever watched the language is a bit spicy but the humour is right up my street.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
My Dad we never saw eye to eye until we found out he had cancer then we just clicked he served in the British army for quite a while and I bet there was so many stories he could tell plus I could get to tell him how much I loved and miss him.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
I would love to visit America and go to the Grand Canyon. Maybe one day its been a dream of mine since I've been a kid.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
My kids watching them grow up into fine young men and women I'm so proud of them.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Try to slow down and always be nice to people you only pass this way once you may as well enjoy it.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
To fly

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
An African honey badger no one messes with a honey badger

13. What kind of music do you like?
Everything from classical to heavy metal but no country and western I'm depressed enough without listening to someone losing their dog 😆

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Forest Gump definitely Forest Gump

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
What have you done now
Very nice interview, @Dave himself 👌

Your on mate ill definitely be looking you up and I got to admit I'm a bit jealous of you because you've been there so many times 😆.
It is a special place for sure. All of Arizona with the different climate zones and elevations, is pretty amazing. But As they say, the grass is always greener. I'd like to see your part of the world some day.

It is a special place for sure. All of Arizona with the different climate zones and elevations, is pretty amazing. But As they say, the grass is always greener. I'd like to see your part of the world some day.
A trip to Ireland would be a bit of a going home. Family lore is that we're Irish and Scottish. I grew up in Oklahoma, our Family farm was aquired in the 1893 Land Run. Yes, the one shown in the not very good Tom Cruise movie. The Family is spread out around the U.S. now with one cousin married to a Scotsman and living in London.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Oh my goodness 😳 I really hope to see it for myself before they carry me out the door boots first 😉
Yes, you really must. You can see all the stunning pictures and movie clips, but until you see it in person, you really have no idea how big and beautiful it is! Great interview. I've been to Ireland years ago in my teens, visiting an aunt and uncle who retired there. They lived on a small farm on Dunmanis (Sp.?) Bay, across the peninsula from Bantry. Beautiful people and country.

Top Bottom