What's new

Custom Chubby - made by Rudy Vey

I just received this Custom "Chubby" Handle, color is Antique Blue, in Super badger (made by Rudy Vey). It is a 22mm knot set at a 45mm loft. Which I feel is the perfect combination.

I think so too, seems to be perfect for me for soap or cream, face or bowl lathering. Maybe there is some compromise there - a bigger loftier brush for bowl lathering (??), but 22mm at 45 is darn nice.

And what a handsome handle it is!

congrats bro!

-jim

Jim, my 24mm Grade A is set at 48mm...really nice loft for face lathering. I may try 50mm for my next Rudy brush...

I'll have to agree that his quality of work is second to none. This is the brush I got from him. Finest hair and 48mm loft with a 22mm knot.

proxy.php

And after a shave

proxy.php

View attachment 117959

This little beauty should be winging its way to me today I hope, courtesy of Rudy.
It's a Tulip 'T2' with finest hair. I thought the 2-band would go well with the black and white handle, and Rudy agreed.

Soon as it arrives, I'll get a few pics up, pre and post bloom. Hopefully next week.

Anyway, my first Vey brush:tongue_sm
Great service and communication by the way, and the price... Well, top notch.

:thumbup:

Finally the post bloom pics are in! I used it a good 10-15 times and I love it. I havent switched brushes since I bought it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

:thumbup1: :badger:
OK, I'm convinced! Rudy is the man!

Wow, what gorgeous brushes. Lovely taste. And good size choices IMO.
If I ever get a custom brush made, I know who I'm gonna ask!
Keep showing them, it's fun just looking.

- Bill

Heres my chubby in my last current set up. 26mm knot super badger extra stuffed with a loft set at 50mm, its an amazing brush I absolutely love it. Great pics of the other chubbys as well, making my SBAD kick up again!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom