What's new

Cremo cream UK equivalent?

Hi all,

Just finished my last tube of cremo classic (purchased while on vacation in the states last year), and looking for a UK-based cream to use.

I’ve only tried Harry’s brushless cream so far and that was okish, nothing to write home about. Have noticed the local chemist has stock of Wilkinson Sword shaving cream (now reduced from £13 down to £5), is there any real comparison between the two brands?

Are there any other brushless creams that perform well and easy to source in the UK?

TIA,

R

You can get Cremo in the UK from a certain massive online retailer and also some smaller operators. I've not found anything made in the UK I like as much for a very hurried shave.

Isn't that supposed to be used without a brush?

Not in my shaving cabinet, but according to Nivea this stuff:
  • Protects your skin from shaving irritations
  • Softens hair for an effortless razor glide
  • Lathers up by rubbing with brush

B.

Not in my shaving cabinet, but according to Nivea this stuff:
  • Protects your skin from shaving irritations
  • Softens hair for an effortless razor glide
  • Lathers up by rubbing with brush

B.
Just checked on their UK site. So, accorfing to Nivea this is a product that does not require a brush. The 3 stages of how to use are described. Especially stage one "a small amount on your wet hands and lather up"

NIvea pro-ultra calming.jpg

Besides. Higher, in "Product Features" "Easy application" is the first one.

See if you can get Jack Black Beard Lube. It is more expensive but performs even better. Cremo is a fine product but JBBL is the best you can get.

Just checked on their UK site. So, accorfing to Nivea this is a product that does not require a brush. The 3 stages of how to use are described. Especially stage one "a small amount on your wet hands and lather up"

View attachment 1700632

Besides. Higher, in "Product Features" "Easy application" is the first one.

That’s the strange thing with Nivea; they distribute certain products in some markets, but not in others (e.g. two types of shaving creams) and even sell them sometimes under slightly different names.

I searched for “NIVEA Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming Liquid Shaving Cream” on the US site and got this as the closest match:82586 SENSITIVE CALM Liquid Shaving Cream - https://www.niveausa.com/products/sensitive-calm-liquid-shaving-cream-721400318480079.html

NIVEA MEN® Sensitive Calm Liquid Shaving Cream.png

It could be a slightly different product, depending on region, or Nivea might think that a brushless/with brush shaving cream sells better in some markets.

Baffling…

B.

Last edited:
That’s the strange thing with Nivea; they distribute certain products in some markets, but not in others (e.g. two types of shaving creams) and even sell them sometimes under slightly different names.

I searched for “NIVEA Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming Liquid Shaving Cream” and got this:82586 SENSITIVE CALM Liquid Shaving Cream - https://www.niveausa.com/products/sensitive-calm-liquid-shaving-cream-721400318480079.html

View attachment 1700891

It could be a slightly different product, depending on region, or Nivea might think that a brushless/with brush sells better in some regions.

Baffling…

B.
Probably the second. As far as I remember they don't market the tubes in the US.

I second that motion - excellent shaving cream
Palmolive is another cream - well stocked in the UK in local pharmacies/online/grocery retailers etc...very cheap great value

Palmolive is indeed an excellent shaving cream. Shaved with it yesterday. If anything I liked it better than the Cremo I used today. My favorite shaving cream is probably Taylor of Old Bond Street though.

Last edited:
One cream that I have used and thought it was almost as slick as Cremo was Trumper's Rose. Rose is the only scent I have used and if all other Trumper's creams are similar except for the scent should be just as slick. I really liked how Trumper's can be applied either by a brush or by hand. The residual on your face can be reactivated for touch ups.

Have you tried Gillette SKIN Ultra Sensitive Shave Cream? I picked up a tube last year as it was under £5. I think I picked it up in Boots. It can be used as a brushless cream and with a brush. Has a little bit of menthol in it.
I thought it performed well as a brushless cream.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If you can source it, Feather Hi Shave is a non-lathering brushless product that’s extremely slick.

Also keep in mind that most shaving creams can be used brushless.

Top Bottom